2

"Oh my god look at her." I heard the whispers from Chelsea and Katie. Luckily I had my headphones handy. Music being an escape, I tapped my fingers to the beat. Today was my last day at this awful school.

I sat with Trevor and his friends at lunch trying to enjoy my last day with him, but I had a feeling that his friends were getting annoyed by me so I decided to get up and go sit by my locker alone. Just as I was tossing my tray in the bin I felt a warm glob of gravy slide down my chest.

"Oops." A sarcastic smirk on Katie's face proved she did that on purpose. I tried to swallow back my tears and walk away but I decided to stand up to her this one time.

"Oh hey Katie," I say with a smile. "I really like that shirt, it brings out the try-hard slut in your eyes." The look on her face was priceless. As well as the look on her group's face. Since I had never really stood up for myself before, she was embarrassed. A little voice in my head was whispering /yay/.

I spent the rest of the school day saying bye to my /nice/ teachers.

Finally the bell rang and I rushed to my bus, hoping the ride would be quick and painless.

Everyone was so loud as usual, but one voice was getting my attention.

"Look at her wrists." My heart dripped and I stiffened up, I can't wait to get out of here. Cutting was a daily thing for me, but usually my bracelets cover the red marks. Guess I need to get more bracelets.

After the torturous ride home I sat at Liam's bus stop reading The Fault in Our Stars.

-

Moving to Australia- it was just now sinking in. I was getting excited. My dad obviously couldn't take care of us properly, and I was only 17, so me and Liam were told that moving with my uncle Will and aunt Eleanor would be best. I couldn't move in with uncle Tim because he was always on the move with work, aunt carol already has three kids and one on the way, so that wasn't a very wise idea, we only slept there to get away from my abusive father.

-

"Bye dad." I hugged him. For the first time in a while, he was sober.

"Bye Stella, be safe ok? Text me everyday." He hugged me and painfully smiled. These are the times when I really feel bad about leaving him.

"Flight 19 to Sydney is now boarding, flight 19 to Sydney" the attendant's voice echoed. This is it, I hugged everybody one last time and pulled mine and Liam's carry-ons away.

"Stel, I'm scared." Liam whispered.

"Why are you scared?"

"I don't want to meet new people, I don't want to go to a new school, I don't wanna get kicked by a kangaroo." He frowned.

"It's ok, everyone will love you I promise." Then I started laughing a little bit. "You won't get kicked by a kangaroo, Liam." It wasn't funny because he said it, it was funny because he was seriously worried about that. I love this kid.

-

The nineteen hour flight wasn't that bad but when we landed I wanted to pass out.

"Hey kids!" I squinted a little to see a blonde woman with big sunglasses, probably in her early twenties.

"Aunt Eleanor?" I said nervously, hoping I was right.

"You got it! But you can call me Ellie. Over there is your uncle Will." She waved at him. "Will! Come meet Stella and Patrick!" Liam tugged on her skirt a few seconds after she said it.

"Ma'am, aunt Ellie?" He was rather sleepy. "Can you call me Liam instead? I do think the name Patrick is only for starfish and the guy from the band Stella likes, so I don't want to be called it. Liam is my middle name and I like it so I woul-" she cut him off.

"It's ok, Liam." She was giggling at his enthusiasm."Will, grab her luggage." He did what he was told.

"Hi I'm Will, obviously, and it's nice to meet you Stella, and hello there Liam." We both smiled as he grabbed my bags. "Let's go eat, yeah? I'm sure you could use a good kanga sausage, sick of airplane food are you?" Liam's eyes grew wide as he didn't know they are kangaroo over here.

"Yea I'm starved, peanuts and coke isn't really a good meal."

"Oh. My. God. You have the cutest accent ever, don't you think so Will?" Ellie grabbed my shoulder and I nervously looked at the ground.

"Scare her away, yeah?" He said sarcastically. His accent being the strongest of the two, his words slurring at some vowels. I liked it.

-

Their house was huge. It shouldn't be considered a house, more like a chateau. It had a game room in the basement, a kitchen the size of my house, and my room had French doors leading to a balcony. Also, the spiral staircase was beautiful. My tour consisted of many 'oh my god's and 'oh wow's. And the food they cooked for us was incredible. I couldn't believe how good 'kanga sausage' was. I think Liam liked it more than I did though.

After dinner, I went up to my room to unpack. All of my toiletries were neatly stowed in tiny baskets in the bathroom. I like the tiny little storage containers, my mom always had them around. My clothes and shoes took forever to unpack and organize, but my /walk in closet/ (how amazing is that) was no where close to being full. All of my pictures and stuff could be rummaged through later, I wasn't focus on décor just yet. At the bottom of my suitcase was my special box. My razors, I took them out of the box and examined each one. No, not tonight, I'm in a pretty good mood right now. I slid the box under my bed along with my suitcases and headed downstairs to say goodnight to my 'new family'. I could get used to this.

Oh my god. So I hope people are reading this idek. Comments? Likes? *wink*

So what do you guys think of everything. This was kind of a filler- next chapter WILL have stuff. So... Yea stay tuned. :)

ily ok bye