Chapter 1

"Hey...hey..."

Sora was waving her hand in front of her friend's face, "You there?"

"Huh! Oh...sorry. What was it you were saying?"

"What were you looking at Natsuko?" she asked, hoping to get something outta her.

The other girl just shook her head quickly, "Nothing...nothing! It was nothing really..."

Sora smirked at her friend, "Okay...well anyways, like I was saying, I had to share my duster with Hana like, ugh- it made me wanna gag. Why is it that I always get stuck on cleaning duty with one of the drag queens. I don't even understand-"

Natsuko was out of it again.

"Oh dear...what am I gonna do about you?"

-Later on after school-

The two girls walked out to the jammed parking lot.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come over to my place for a bit?" Sora asked Natsuko.

"I'm sure...Riko is already home. I should get going and make her something to eat..."

Sora let out a sigh, "Of course...always being a big sister first, I get it."

Natsuko let out a laugh, "You'll understant later, when you have a younger sibling too."

Sora just shook it off, "As if...my two old timers? Having another kid? The neighbor's kids are already making them grow white hair, as if they're gonna have another kid."

Natsuko could only laugh as Sora continued, "They're always complaining about how loud the neighbor's kids are...first it's this and then it's that."

The two girls were so busy talking that they hadn't noticed that they came to the crossroads already. The left path led to the farm/forest area where Natsuko lived and the right path would take you to the bustling city where Sora and her parents stayed in their apartment.

"Man, I wish I can live in the quiet and peaceful forest like you Natsuko, you really are lucky." Sora complained with a huff.

"Hey, it's real scary at night. Everything has a downside."

Sora thought about that before saying, "Yeah. I guess so but it sure as hell beats my cramped up apartment."

After talking a bit more the two girls went their seperate ways.

Natsuko, walking down the side of the path, held her bag with two hands. Head down and deep in thought. She had been preoccupied the whole entire day, she just couldn't shake off what had happened last night.

'Father didn't mean it...he was only angry and frustrated, he didn't mean it'

She decided to push it to the back of her mind for now. She didn't need to break down in front of her little sister.

"I'm home!"

"You're late..."

She quickly took off her shoes as she winced at the voice, "Riko...I'm sorry. I got caught up talking with Sora."

"Everyday, you get caught up with Sora."

She eyed her little sister a bit, "Well I'm sorry Riko...I can't have a life too?"

Natsuko pouted as she looked away, trying to feign innocence.

Riko could only roll her eyes, "Sometimes I wonder who's the oldest and who's the youngest..."

As she turned to walk away she added, "You took forever...I already started cooking. Just go get started on your homework."

Natsuko wrinkled her nose at her and mumbled, "As you say...Mom."

-----

"Okay then, how do you count to ten?"

"One...two...three...four...five..."

Kiyoshi picked at his food while boredly listening to Haru count to ten for their father.

"...ten!"

His father let out a laugh, "That's very good Haru."

Tatsuo let out a cough and all heads turned, "I don't mean to disrupt, father but I would like to discuss something that I feel-"

"Ah, look at the time! I'm sorry Tatsuo but it'll have to wait for another day, I'm supposed to be down at headquarters in ten minutes. You don't mind do you?"

Tatsuo, as if landing flat on his face stuttered out, "Of- of course not...go ahead."

"Very well then...I'll see you all tomorrow. Be good now." He grabbed his coat from behind the chair and headed for the door.

"Bye!!!" Haru shouted while stuffing his mouth with curry.

Kiyoshi looked over to see a fuming Tatsuo.

"Oh dear...", he whispered out.

-TBC-