Birthday Surprise

"I should probably go." Mayim told Jim after she saw that it was getting a bit late and it won't please his father. "Alright." Jim replied. "Bye, Jim." She farewelled and quickly walked out to the bus stop.

"She's a very wonderful woman, Mr. Parsons." Mary told Jim. "She is." He agreed and smiled. Suddenly he noticed a folder lying on the couch and he checked what's inside and knew it was Mayim's after he saw her birth certificate and other documents in it. Rather than to try to chase her outside, he knew they would meet the next day anyway, he decided to look upon her birth certificate and later did he realize that her birthday was coming. "Mary, what date is it today?" He asked. "December 8th, Mr. Parsons." She replied. "Her birthday is coming in four days!" He exclaimed. Jim paused and looked at Mary as he thought of a surprise for her. After a while he recalled Mayim's bucket list.

1. Receive flowers and chocolates.

2. To get my own apartment or condominium or house.

3. To get into a serious relationship.

4. Be surprised with a dinner date.

5. To be a company's executive employee.

6. To ride on a ferris wheel.

7. To be loved by my father.

8. To go on massive shopping and make over.

9. To help Mr. Parsons to be appreciated by his father.

10. To fall in love again and get married

Jim asked Mary to help him set up a romantic surprise dinner for Mayim at the rooftop on the 12th.

-

The next day, Jim fetch Mayim after her work at the call center to talk. She didn't expect him coming but she agreed to hang out with him for a couple of hours since it wasn't that late yet anyway.

"You left this yesterday." Jim handed the folder to her. "Oh. Thank you! I've been looking for this. I knew I left it there." She cheered. "So... I browsed through that, your birthday is coming in three days." He confessed. "Oh. Yes." She giggled a bit. "What are your plans?" He asked. "Nothing really. I don't celebrate my birthday." She replied. "Why? It's your day? You should celebrate." Jim wondered. "Well. You know. I don't have anyone to celebrate it with and I have this mind set that my birthday was the day my mom died because of me and it's the day that my father started cursing me and so... I don't really think it would be nice if I celebrate." She shared with a pain.

"Don't be sad. I'm sure your mom won't be happy to see her dearest and only daughter like that." He cheered her up. "Come on. I'm gonna celebrate with you. We'll get you some make over and endless shopping on your birthday. All bills are mine. Come on." He told her and Mayim was so touched upon hearing him say those. She couldn't speak up for she was barely holding back her tears of sadness and joy but she managed to smile at him. "I'm gonna take that as a yes. On Friday, around ten in the morning I'm gonna fetch you, okay?" Jim told her and she agreed. Soon then, he drove her home safely and had their good nights.

-

Days had passed and Mayim's birthday has come. She woke up early prepared a breakfast for her father and sort of step mother, took a bath, fixed herself and washed the dishes after they ate. She finished everything around 9:00am and she rushed to the mall to see Jim at 10.

As soon as they saw each other, Jim went on a massive shopping for her. She fitted different designers clothes, shoes, heels, stilettos, she's got a new frame for her eyeglasses and lastly, they went into a high end salon to get her hair curled.