And We Meet Again

It's been almost five years since Mayim left. Sure that Jim tried dating other women again but he stopped his vice of sleeping with random women and taking in alcohols and excessive smoking.

Jim handed Johnny his present for Kaley. "You coming tonight?" Johnny asked. "I don't think I can attend Kaley's birthday tonight. So here, tale my birthday present to her instead." He replied. "Come on. There would be a lot of women coming, Kaley's friends? They're all amazing." Johnny tried to persuade him. "I really can't. Maybe if Mayim was there? Besides, my flight to Los Angeles for business meeting with the new investor in our company is up tomorrow. I still need to study the slides." Jim informed him. "Mayim? You really would never get over her, are you?" Johnny laughed. "I've dated several girls for the past years but I've never met anyone good enough or better than her." Jim replied. "Fine. How unfortunate. Maybe you'll grow old alone." Johnny joked. "Anyway, take care on your flight and good luck with your meeting at Zen. I heard their new Marketing Executive will be at the meeting so you better do your thing well." Johnny told him and left.

Later in the evening, Jim got his luggage ready and packed for his flight the next day. As he was fixing his things, he saw the Superman shirt that Mayim gave to him few years ago and it made him miss her.

How I wish I didn't hurt you, how I wish I never let you go

He thought but then despite that his feelings for her never changed, he thought that there is no choice than to accept that they're not meant for each other and if ever they'll meet again, it would be more likely that she has settled already with some great guy that deserves her. After a while he folded the Superman shirt and placed it inside his luggage.

-

The next morning, Jim took a local flight having Los Angeles as his final destination. Soon then he took a cab straight to his hotel and got himself fixed and ready for his presentation at Zen in the afternoon. He went through his powerpoint slides and documents again and then he realized how wonderful the project was. He remembered that it started with Mayim's idea and Vontoro had it innovated and improved through the years.

I'm pretty sure that if she knew about how far her idea were, she would be hell of happy and proud about it.

I wish she was here.

He thought and reminisced the days when he was still working with her.

Soon then, Jim got into his formal attire and headed to Zen punctually. The executives assembled in the conference room and Jim professionally greeted every time they arrive. As Jim talks to the executives the new Marketing Executive of Zen entered the room as her assistant opened the door for her.

"Good morning. I'm sorry for being late. Shall we start?" She apologized and greeted professionally ending her statement with her very charming smile.

"Mayim?" Jim whispered as he was stunned seeing her enter the office unexpectedly.

The executives fixed themselves and their documents as they took a seat. Mayim smiled at Jim as she took her seat. "Shall we start?" She asked him. Jim barely tried to stay on focus.

It's Mayim. It's her. Is this real?

He talked in his mind as he was on a starstruck seeing her once again. Mayim didn't know that his sight was locked on her for she had her eyes on the papers on the table for reviewing.

"Mr. Parsons?" An executive tried to call his attention for he seemed stoned. "Oh. Uhm. I'm sorry." He apologized and proceeded with his presentation.

Jim was quite nervous but it all faded away when he saw her smile at him softly seeming to tell him that he can do it. He then remembered how she would always cheer for her every before her meeting when they were still together and it encouraged him to present well. As the presentation was over, the executives expressed their impression with how well he was able to deliver the ideas and thoughts to them and he was glad to know about it.