Chapter 8

"OH SHIT!" Justin shouted, a vein in his neck throbbing as we both jerked back into our seats. His fist thumped down onto the horn in anger. Suddenly, he turned to me. "Couldn't you have fucking kept your hand away?!" He screamed, eyes boring into mine as I flinched away.

To my horror, Justin's large hand rose up, as if to hit me. As my hands automatically rose up to shield my face some of the anger flickered off his face. He shouted a line of profanities as the door opened, he stomped out and slammed the door back into place so hard that I heard a crack and the whole vehicle shook. As I watched him walk away I realised my hands were shaking, bottom lip quivering at the shock of the almost car crash and him almost abusing me.

Shit.

I had to get out of here. There was no limit to what he could do to me for supposedly ruining his rover. Glancing back I saw his tall frame towering over a small fat man, both shouting at each other furiously. The sky was turning really dark, and I knew I couldn't run back the way I came, I couldn't risk the murder seeing me. That meant my route had to go through small alleyways that led back to my house, going the other way from where Justin stood.

Without giving it a second thought, I opened the car door, peeking from the top at Justin's infuriated expression while he argued with the man standing before him. The next thing I did was unbelievably stupid. My right hand automatically reached for the car door, slamming it shut. In that very second, Justin's head whipped around at the sharp sound, shouting my name as I quickly turned back, running off behind the huge truck, to the dark alleyway I had seen through Justin's car's windshield. My legs sprinted as fast as they were capable of, long hair flying behind me, my chest pushed forward, heart racing, hands moving in sharp foreword motions.

I didn't know if he was behind me or not, all I could hear was my heart pumping loudly in my ears. I ran as fast as I could in any alleyway I saw, choosing the right one each time, hoping it would lead me back home. My throat felt unbelievably dry as my breath came in short puffs. After what seemed liked forever, my legs felt like they could move no more and at that very moment I felt a sharp pain behind my right knee.

"Agh" I screamed in pain as my body fell into a brick wall, just at the corner of another alleyway. It was blindingly dark right now as my neck craned to look at the sky. I tried to call my uneven breathing, failing badly. As my heart finally started beating slower and I could hear other things than the blood pumping in my ears, loud voices could be heard around the corner. Singing. Laughing. Shouting at each other. My body tensed as I realised there were drunk men just around the corner. Shit.

Before I could turn around and quickly walk the other way, I felt a cold, wet hand on my wrist.

"What the hurry babe?" A slurred male's voice asked loudly. My body froze. This could not be happening. Not again. Why me? I slowly turned around, terrified, squinting terrified at a man who looked young, but who was probably about 20 years old, taller than me by an inch or two. A dangerous feeling emanating from him as he grinned at me. Before I could protest he shoved me roughly into the wall. I screamed out loud as my head scraped against a sharp piece of stone or glass sticking out of the rough wall.

Before I knew it I felt wet lips coming down onto mine, forcing mine to move with them. My hands fisted into his T-shirt as the smell of alcohol surrounded me, making me feel lightheaded. He rose up, eyes raking down my body, stopping at my uncovered cleavage, grinning that malicious drunk smile. Taking him by surprise, my body tried running past him. The strong man pulled my weak body into his, back slamming against his hard chest. His large hands travelled up from my bare thighs to my breasts. I gasped, feeling a bulge through the silk on my back. Mustering up all the strength I could, I shouted out the name I was least expecting to shout out.

"JUSTIN!"