reditum

2.0
the return

"What's the extent of her injuries?"

"Severe cognitive damage. Inter-cranial hemorrhaging from a diffuse axonal injury at the worst. Concussion at best, but that's optimistically thinking and highly unlikely. She's repairable but-but this level of damage is inescapable. She likely won't be of any use to us. Where did you find her?"

"Just outside the border of Mortis Ostum. She was bleeding out and unconscious."

"Do you know how she received her injuries?"

"You're the doctor, shouldn't you be telling me?"

"I only know what I've been told. You know this, neither one of us are allowed anywhere near her for the time being. We're too close to the case. I was lucky to receive the possible diagnosis."

"When will we be allowed near her?"

"Not anytime soon. But Santiago, know that when she awakens, she'll be completely different from the person you remembered. Don't get your hopes up."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You know what it means. She isn't the girl you hated and she isn't the girl you loved. We've left the decision up to you."

"What decision?"

"Fuck Santiago, have you suffered brain damage too? There is no other decision. Whether to keep her alive or not."

"And why the fuck have you left that up to me?"

"Who else would we leave it up to?"