~Chapter 4~ Daring's Panic

Daring knew he was going to have to make a choice. And after his small conversation with Cerise he decided to make it fair. He would have to get to know them and then pick, that was fair right? Bypassing the group of swooning girls on his left, he rushed to his room. He paced back and forth until his legs ached hopelessly thinking about how to discretely get to know one another a little better. One thing was for sure, he definitely didn't know Apple as well as he thought he did, otherwise she wouldn't have sprung all of that pressure onto him. The blue and gold rug that he paced on was getting imprints of his feet and the cream walls seemed to get closer.

"I'm going crazy" Daring yelled, panicking so much he felt like the floor was shaking along with his hands. He tried to remember something from one of his classes about panicking but he remembered nothing but putting your head between your knees which is for if you feel light headed. But he tried it anyway.

"Daring?" Lizzie burst through the door to see him with his head between his knees. His eyes widened as she frantically shook his head while it was still between his knees. Lizzie at once held his head in one position as she slid onto her knees in front of him, she had only come to say sorry about having encouraged Apple to start like that. Lizzie looked at Daring filled with worry like a water balloon so full that it would burst at any moment.

"Someone help!" Lizzie yelled grateful that she hadn't closed the door but then frustrated because she didn't want to let go of his head so he wouldn't frantically shake it again but people might not be able to hear her.

Finally someone came and they took him to the nurse in a struggle of fidgeting arms and legs.

-

Lizzie had to leave Daring in the hands of the school nurse no matter how worried she was and how hard she tried to persuade her. Lizzie felt sick of herself as part of the reason was to be the one he looked at when he was fully recovered. Not that there was much to recover from, he was already looking better before Lizzie left. But it still didn't change the fact that Lizzie, Apple and Cerise probably caused whatever it was, a panic attack?

"Apple?" Lizzie had hidden the anger towards Apple as she hammered on Apple's dorm door. Raven answered and after seeing the overly relaxed but forced expression on Lizzie's face, stepped to the side of the door for Lizzie to come inside. Lizzie looked around at the purple red gold and black walls and furniture and then straight at the bathroom door from which Apple's sweet singing seeped through.

"Apple, Lizzie wants to talk to you I think" Raven Shouted through the door knocking twice and then lowering her hand. Awkwardly, she smiled at Lizzie while raising her shoulders in self-defense like Lizzie was going to hit her or something dramatic.

"Oh okay" Apple's singing abruptly stopped as the sound of water bouncing from the tiled shower floor stopped and the swift sound of a dressing gown being removed from a hook. The Apple opened the door, a scared expression hidden by a fake smile showing through on her face.

"What is it, Lizzie?" She said smoothly adding a little cough on the end in an attempt of nonchalance. Apple was terrified of what Lizzie was going to say.

"Daring had a panic attack. Over what we're doing to him" Lizzie stared deep beneath Apple's unblemished porcelain skin and deep into her insecurities and anxieties. Apple hugged her dressing gown a little tighter around herself while processing what Lizzie was saying.

Apple mouth was open slightly as Raven looked at her disapprovingly and disappointed almost.

"Have you talked to Cerise?" Apple squeaked rushing to her dresser to get some clothes out. Lizzie shook her head while apple found a small red dress that would do the trick nicely. It was still night time and it was cold inside and outside so Apple threw a pair of old tights, a scarf and some fluffy boots into the bathroom before throwing herself in as well to change. As much as Lizzie hated to admit it, Cerise didn't really cause Daring's panic attack. But she did think it was important to let her know. 

After about ten minutes of listening to apple brushing out her hair, Lizzie was loosing her patients. Letting out a huge sigh, Lizzie looked at Raven who was looking at Lizzie while putting on some headphones. Raven rolled her eyes as Apple came out thinking she took no time at all, Lizzie was glaring daggers to tell Apple otherwise. Sheepishly smiling, she walked to the dormitory door and opened it for Lizzie. Lizzie stormed out of the luxury room followed by Apple. 

"What shall we say?" Apple asked Lizzie nervously as she tried to keep up with Lizzie's speed-walking down the large hallway dotted with doors and  various school posters. Apple was only asking because she assumed that Cerise was nothing to do with the panic attack, she never asked for this as well as Daring. As far as Lizzie knew, Apple's assumption was right but Cerise (in her dorm) was thinking completely different. 

Cerise was in her room staring at the door. Cedar kept on looking at Cerise, then to the door she was staring at, and then back to her magazine. Cerise had heard about what happened from a group of girls who wanted her opinion and/or if she had been there or near him when it happened desperate to dig some dirt on her. Lets just say Daring's fans weren't keen on the idea of a competition for his love without them in it. Waiting for them to burst through the door, Cerise chewed on one of her claws like Carmine did to his food when he was really hungry. 

Cedar looked at Cerise, then all around the mismatched room. Cedar and Cerise had very different tastes so they met in the middle with a mix or bright and dark tones of red, black, purple and pink. Cedar's dark brown eyes, that were almost the same shade as her wooden textured dark skin, scanned the mismatched furniture around the room looking in every chip of paint to see if she could figure out if it was something in their dorm that was bothering her. She thought about asking, but before she would open her mouth someone was at the door. 

"Oh hey Apple, hey Lizzie!" Cedar greeted them after springing up from her purple and pink bed and beating Cerise to the door for the first time. Cedar admired the presence of the two future queens standing in her doorway before practically being pushed into Cerise's dresser as Cerise pushed past to the door. Cerise eyed the pair of red girls before letting them in.

"I already know about the panic attack" Cerise said setting the mood for an awkward roller coaster ride. She had to decide on telling them about what happened in the forest even if it wouldn't mean much soon. It could determine whether this war was to end or whether this was only the beginning. If it did carry on then something worse will happen to one of them, that was a promise.