Prologue....

A week ago

I was running late on getting home from work. Being a nurse is a very tiring job and then to top it all off I have to come home to cook, clean and anything else that needs to be done. As I sat in heavy rush hour traffic something I was trying to avoid just so I get home before my boyfriend does. You may be wondering why I am rushing to get home before my "boyfriend" and that's because yes I am in an abusive relationship. Yes I have tried to leave but he found me and almost killed me. Shit I was in a coma for 2 weeks. I had to lie just so it was believable to the doctors so they wouldn't suspect a thing. Thank God it wasn't at where I work at or they wouldn't believe shit!

Eve sat there in her car lost in her thoughts until her phone started ringing . She picked up the phone and saw it was Randy calling her. She started to panic as she answered the phone because she knew what would happen if she wasn't home and there wasn't no food,

"Yes Randy" Eve said in a shaky voice

"Where the fuck are Eve" he said shouting through the phone.

"I am on my way home. I had left work a little later because there wasn't enough staff".

"You're fucking lying I know your ass is cheating". Now you better get home and you better have my food ready".

"I am not cheating on you Randy baby. I was really working a little later at work".

Eve knew the minute she gets home, she is getting tortured and it won't end till the early morning of the nights. She is trying her hardest to leave him but she knows he will find her kill her.

Eve made her way to her condo in downtown Brooklyn and parked her car across the straight. She made her way up the stairs and opened the door to her place. The minute she step foot into her place Randy was right there by the door holding one of his many belts to whip Eve.

"Finally your ass is home. I am sitting here starving my ass expecting I'll get a nice warm cook food from my baby and she isn't here, there is no food. I know you were frolicking with some nigga in his house. You think I don't know you Eve. You think you could fool these little niggas thinking you all innocent but you not".

"Randy I told you I was at work. You constantly think I am cheating I don't cheat. YOU DO! You think I don't know but I do."

"Who the fuck you talking to like that!" He said shouting in Eve's face. He striked her in her face sending to the wall sliding down in a corner.

He walked to her face and crotched down."Don't you ever dare talk to me like that! Are you fucking stupid. I would never cheat on you Eve darling" he said smiling at her and kissing her lips softly. She moved her head and Randy smirked at her.

"Go in that kitchen and go make me my damn food".

Eve got up and walked in that kitchen and heated up some black rice and oxtail form the night before. She gathered the food and his beer and walk to the living room and handed him the food. He looked at the food and then at Eve and threw the food on the floor.

"What the fuck is this Eve" he shouted at her back handed her.

"Food from last night" she said in a duh tone.

"You stupid bitch" he punched her in her stomach sending her to the floor.

She groaned in pain and tears filled her eyes making it blurry for her to see.

"Oh don't start the tears Eve. You wasn't crying when you was laying in bed with some next nigga, now was you. NO I didn't' think so.

"Randy could you please not do this tonight I have work tomorrow" she said in between tears.

Eve felt lightheaded she was meaning to tell Randy that she was pregnant but clearly he had other things on his agenda. Next thing she heard footsteps and everything went BLACK