Chapter 9 - These Are My Confessions (PRT 2.)

"Arthur"

"Yes Eve" he said looking down at her.

He notices her eyes were fixated on him as she looked up at her.

"I wanna tell you something".

"Are you sure Eve. I mean you don't have to tell me if you're not ready".

"No I want to tell you before I change my mind" she said looking at him before closing her eyes.

"Okay whenever you're ready Eve".

"Okay. Um I met this guy named Randy when I was 23 and he was the love of my life. He was everything I could ask for in a guy in a way. I say that because I never got male affection ever. But anyways everything was good the first year. We would always go on dates every Friday and he was very social when it came to my friends. Randy was never the possessive type or the jealous type. He claims he trusted me and loved me too much to be second guessing our relationship. Until one day we had went to one of his friend's party he was hosting and the whole night he had his arm wrapped around my waist. I didn't think anything of it but whenever a guy came to talk to Randy he would have a tight grip of my waist. Like he wanted everyone to know that I was his, it's not like everyone in the room didn't know.

The first time Randy laid his hand on me was still something that hunts me from time to time. It happened the day after our two year anniversary. I decided to be a good girlfriend and cook him a nice home cooked meal and he never even showed up till close to eleven and he was drunk. He didn't even eat the food; he claimed it was an 'apology dinner' because I was cheating on him. I tried to grab the beer he was about to consume again and smack me and told me I was nothing to him just a fuck buddy. Ever since then he expected me to have dinner ready and other chores done or he'll beat me. Whenever he wanted to have sex I had to give it to him. The man I thought I knew wasn’t him anymore. Arthur he kept saying I was the one cheating when truth was he was the one cheating on me with his best friend’s sister. I know that bitch is pregnant".

"Did your mother know" Arthur asks shifting himself to face Eve.

"Yeah she figured it out. I mean I knew that a man was never to hit a woman my mother taught me that but he promised to never do it again. I gave him a second chance and I wish I never did" Eve said crying again not even caring that she just blow her nose in Arthur's shirt.

"I gave him everything Arthur. My heart, my undivided attention, I catered to him like a king and he repaid me with beatings. I remember when my mother passed away everyone and anyone was there because my mother was just that know in our neighborhood and I had CorbinTati’s brother and her comfort me. But I didn't wanna be comforted by them I wanted him Randy to be by my side and he wasn't. He claimed he had work and was too busy to come. Like is it that hard to tell your boss you're having a family emergency and come support me and comfort me. God I didn't even bother to tell him about my father. I knew he wouldn't come. That son of a bitch".

"Why didn't you leave Eve?"

Eve looked at Arthur like he was three noses on his face.

"Don't you think I tried? I did and he found me the next day. He said if I try that stunt he would kill Tati and my mother. I had to lie all the time about how I got bruises and cuts on my arms and other places.

Arthur's whole body tensed up when he heard the threats he made towards Eve.

"I loved him and I was stupid too I don't know what I was thinking".

"No Eve you're not stupid. You tried to leave but he wouldn't have that but now you're safe with me okay Eve".

Eve looked up at Arthur, searching to see if what he was saying was a lie. She found nothing that said that. All she saw was trust screaming at her to do just that.