Chapter 3

★☆★ Allyson's P.O.V. ★☆★

I talked Olivia into coming to the wedding with me. We showed up a few minutes late so the ceremony was already started when we got there. We stood quietly in the back until it was over.

The place actually looked really nice. Everyone was seated at tables with white table-cloths and fancy dishes. Jason and my mom stood up front saying their vows. Jason was in a tuxedo and my mom was wearing a pretty dress. I've never seen her happier.

When the ceremony is finished, Jason and my mom let the party begin. A DJ begins playing music and food is served. She sees Olivia and I in the back so she makes her way over to is. "Did you just get here?" she asks frowning.

"We seen the whole thing mom," I say, pulling her into a hug. "I'm happy for you."

"Thanks, honey," she looks around. "I'd introduce you to Ryan but I'm not sure where he is. Probably with his friends."

"It's fine, mom. I'll be seeing a lot more of him now that he's moving in," I say softly.

She gives me a sad smile. "I should have told you. I'm sorry."

Olivia gives her a hug, momentarily distracting her. "Congratulations Heather."

"Thanks for coming, Olivia," my mom says, smiling warmly. "Help yourself to some food."

She returns to Jason's side and I stare at him for a long moment. Maybe I should introduce myself, I think. Later.

Olivia and I grab some food and sit down at a table. There are quite a few younger guys around but none catch my attention. The guests are mostly older people though. "Do you think anyone will notice if I get a beer?" Olivia asks quietly.

I shrug. "I don't know. Get me one," I smirk.

Chuckling, she gets up and goes to get us each a beer. She returns with two red solo cups filled with beer. "So when are you gonna introduce yourself to your new dad and brother?" she asks.

I furrow my eyebrows. "He's not my dad and he's definitely not my brother."

She rolls her eyes. "Okay. Well they're still part of your family."

"Tomorrow morning, I'm gonna wake up with them in my house. There's really no rush in introducing myself."

"It'd be nice, though," she says.

"It would've been nice to meet them before the wedding," I mumble.

We finish eating before throwing our plates away. My mom would be upset if I disappeared so quick so Olivia follows me around as I go around talking to family members. After an hour of this, I feel exhausted. "Let's go upstairs," I say.

Olivia nods, following me inside. We finish off our drinks and leave them on the counter. When we get upstairs to my room, we climb out into the rooftop outside my window. Olivia's phone begins ringing as I stare up at the stars. "Hello?" she answers. "I'm at Allyson's moms wedding reception... I've only been here for a little while," she complains. "Fine. I'm on my way."

She hangs up and I glance at her. "Who was it?" I ask.

"My mom. She needs me to pick her up," she gives me a sad smile. "I'm sorry."

"Don't sorry about it. I'll be fine," I shrug.

She gives me a quick hug before leaving me alone. My phone buzzes with a text from my dad, asking if we're still meeting up tomorrow. I send him a quick reply.

*Yes. I'll be ready by noon.*

My mom doesn't know I talk or see my dad. They had me when they were young and they didn't want to commit. So I stayed with my mom and got letters and gifts from my dad. On my sixth birthday, they went to court and my dad gained the right to see me every other weekend. In middle school, he stopped showing up. I didn't see him again until I was in high school.

Even though I was upset, we talked over some things and I forgave him. I knew it'd break my moms heart if she knew I was seeing him so I kept it a secret. It's been four years already and I feel bad for not telling her but I'm afraid she'll be mad. But then again, she randomly told me she was getting married one day and a few days later she tied the knot. Would she even have the right to be mad?

My thoughts are interrupted when a guy climbs out onto the roof. I look him over and realize he's not one of the guys I seen downstairs. He carries a bottle of champagne in his hand, sitting next to me. "Where'd your friend go?" he asks.

I take a long moment to look at him. He has dark hair and green eyes and he's wearing a nice suit. "If you came to ask about her, she's not up here. Feel free to go," I say, looking back up to the star filled sky.

"Would you like a drink?" he asks.

I shrug. "Sure."

The music playing in the backyard is the only sound to be heard as we pass the bottle back and forth. When the bottle is gone, I drop it off the rooftop and it lands in the bushes. I lay back, closing my eyes. "Are you going to tell me your name?" he asks.

"No."

There is a long moment of silence before I feel his hand on my cheek. My eyes stay closed as I nuzzle my cheek against his hand.

I instantly question myself. This is so unlike me.

His thumb brushes over my cheek lightly and his warm breath fans over my face. I know he's close, I can just feel it. Slowly opening my eyes, I see him only a few inches away. I wait for him to make the next move but he never does. "I'm not the type of girl to meet you halfway," I whisper. "You have to work for it."

A ghost of a smile plays on his lips before he closes the space between us. Our lips move in sync and things quickly get heated. His tongue brushes against my lips and I grant him access. He moves between my legs as tongue explores my mouth. Wrapping my legs around him, I hold him against my body. He grinds his body against mine, causing me to softly moan. This is a complete stranger! It's wrong on so many levels. Gaining back my conscience, I push him away. "Go." I say, catching my breath.

"Why?"

"Just go," I say, louder this time.

Hesitantly, he climbs through the window, leaving me alone once again. I've never been so careless. Once I catch my breath, I climb through the window and begin undressing. I lay down in bed, pulling the covers over me as I think about my night. A night I'll never forget.

*******************************

VOTE ★ COMMENT ★ FOLLOW

♡Thanks to those of you who have followed and read all of my stories – I truly appreciate it.♡