Chapter 5

★☆★ Allyson's P.O.V. ★☆★

"Mom... can we talk?" I ask.

She is sitting next to Jason who has his arm around her. Ryan is laying across the other couch watching TV, completely ignoring my existence. "Sure. Sit down," she says.

I glance at Olivia who nods. Taking a deep breath, I sit on the coffee table facing them. "It's about dad," I admit.

Raising her eyebrows, she sits up, clearing her throat. "What about him?"

"Well.... when I was in high school, I started seeing him again," I say. "I didn't want to tell you because I thought you'd be upset and I didn't want that."

She nods slowly. "Okay. Well, there has to be a reason you're telling me now so what is it?"

"He bought me a car today and he said the next step is getting me my own place."

She purses her lips. "Is this because I got married? If you're not okay with it, just tell me."

I shake my head. "I am perfectly fine with your marriage. Jason seems like a great guy," I smile a little. "But I have to grow up and move out at some point. Dad is helping me with that and I couldn't be happier."

She sighs. "If you're happy, then I guess I am."

I smile. "Come look at my car."

Smiling, she stands up. "Come on, Jason and Ryan. You're part of the family too."

Jason follows us with Ryan following in the back quietly. When we get outside, my mom gasps. "Wow."

"Damn," Ryan says from the back. He makes his way around everybody and circles the car. "I've always wanted one of these."

"You should let him drive it," my mom says.

Ryan looks at me with excitement glimmering in his eyes. "I don't expect her to let me. She just got it."

"She won't mind. Right Allyson?"

Olivia nudges me and I sigh. "Fine. But my car doesn't go anywhere unless I'm in it," I say.

I toss him the keys and he jogs around the car, climbing in. Olivia tells me she'll wait at the house while I go with Ryan. Biting my lip, I climb in the car. Once we're out of the driveway, I decide to confront him. "Look, just because your dad married my mom doesn't mean I have to be nice to you. And I was drunk the other night. What happened shouldn't have happened."

He glances at me, a smirk playing on his lips. He begins chuckling until it grows into laughter. I stare at him in confusion for a long moment.

******************************

★☆★ Ryan's P.O.V. ★☆★

I laugh because she wanted it just as much us I did. If I wouldn't have left, things probably would've gone even further. "Why the fuck are you laughing?" Allyson snaps.

I shake my head as my laughter dies down. "You're incredible."

"Why do you say that?" she asks.

I take a turn, driving us towards my old house. "Because you wanted me to kiss you. You loved it. Things probably would've gone further if I hadn't left," I say.

She glares at me. "Definitely not," she huffs. "You're not even good looking, anyways."

I raise my eyebrows, looking at her doubtfully. "I'm not cute?"

She stares at me for a long moment, furrowing her eyebrows. Her cheeks tint with pink and she turns away. "No."

"You're such a bad liar," I smirk. "When we were on the roof, it looked like you wanted to jump me. You were all hot and flustered after we kissed."

Her eyes never leave the window as we come to a stop. In front of us is a long driveway leading up to a garage in the field. The driveway is labeled as a private road and is about two and a half miles long. When I rev the engine, Allyson finally turns to me. "What are you doing?" she asks.

"Kiss me," I demand.

She glares at me. "Go to Hell."

I shrug, sighing. "Okay. If you say so..."

I slam on the gas and hold my foot down, making the car go even faster. Allyson screams as the needle reaches one hundred. "What the fuck are you doing?" she screams frantically. "Stop!"

"Kiss me," I say.

She looks out the window then back to me. "No. Just stop. Please," she begs.

"Kiss me."

My foot leaves the gas pedal because I know we're getting closer to the garage. Groaning, she leans towards me and pecks my lips. I shake my head. "You call that a kiss?" I slow the car down and turn it around. Putting it in park, I look at her. "We got further on the night of our parents wedding."

She whimpers. "What do you want from me?"

"I want you to kiss me like you did the other night," I say.

She shakes her head. "No. It's wrong and I don't want to."

I look forward, putting the car in drive. "Okay. I guess we'll do it again."

I glance at her to see her eyes widen. She quickly leans forward, puckering her lips only to hit her forehead against mine. "Ow," we say in unison, holding our heads.

I put the car back in park. With my hand still over my forehead, I stare at her in disbelief. "You thought that would solve our problems?"

I know she didn't do it on purpose but I like giving her a hard time. Her jaw drops. "I was gonna kiss you and - and-" she stutters.

Dropping my hands in my lap, I turn towards her. Thinking about the night of the party and the night of the wedding only makes me want her more. Cupping her cheek, I slowly lean forward. Her eyes flutter closed and my lips brush against hers. She slips her hand around to the back of my neck, her fingers slipping into my hair, as she gently pulls me towards her, my tongue slips between my lips and I know she wants me just as much as I want her.

*******************************

VOTE ★ COMMENT ★ FOLLOW

{A/N: As mentioned in the story's description, the first 5 chapters are published on Wattpad as a preview. The story is 100% complete & published on Dreame (more info in my bio). HOWEVER, I fully publish them on Wattpad at random times throughout the year to give you all a chance to read my stories here. If you follow me & add the story to your library, you will get a notification when I republish them here. Thank you all for your support! 😊}