3. Danny Nightly and T.R.I.M

"Octavia?" I heard a far off voice say.

"Octavia, wake up!" I sighed and my eyes opened.

"What?" I said with an annoyed groan as I got up from the couch. I wonder why we didn't sleep in a bed or something, but the couch was comfortable.

"I thought you'd like some breakfast" Peter handed me a toasted sandwich and some milk.

"Oh thank god" I said, relieved and chowed down on the delicious food.

"Don't worry, I didn't use any from your supplies. By the way, your cooks are good. They gave you food that is non perishable" I nodded, remembering the wonderful friends I made down in the Kitchen. Sophie, Mallory, and some of the French boys that they brought in specifically for the king's expensive tastes.

"You ready?" I asked him with a mouthful of toast.

He carefully wiped a stray crumb from my cheek with a raised eyebrow.

"A lifetime in a castle, and they never taught you how to eat correctly?" He said jokingly.

"With the way you talk, you'd think you were the heir" I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

He sighed. "Ready? As I'll ever be. But that isn't very much" he looked at me. "I feel kinda bad for you"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you runaway with all these big plans, being chased by this evil guy...and you get stuck with someone like me" he jokingly scratched his head "sucks bro"

I pushed him off the chair of the arm and he fell on the floor.

"Ow!"

"Have some self respect, you're like a tree, all high and mighty" I raised myself to a proper sitting position. Assertive and straight.

"A tree? Really?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It's not my fault you're tall"

"And it's not my fault you're short" he scoffed.

"Shorter people are closer to hell. That's my explanation for being rude" I said.

"That and being Latina" he said with a goofy smile, recalling when I practically choked him. I laughed heartily and almost snorted on my food as I remembered the conversation we had the night before.

"So" I put down my food. "What're you bringing?"

"Oh...hmm well I don't know. Let's check" He got up and lead the way to a far off door. He opened it up and held it open for me.

"Wow" I said, impressed. His room was heaven. At least, to me.

"I swear, you have the weirdest taste"

"Hey! You don't get personal items in the castle. You get stuff that is strictly regulation. I can't have what you have" he nodded, understanding. I was glad that he didn't press the issue, as fortunate as I am, and I'm thankful for everything, though I still wish I had a life like Peter's

His room had a neat bed, with an elegant stitching that spelled out his name. One whole wall was a bookshelf, organized. I could tell he was bored sometimes, because he clearly had enough time to organize them from biggest to smallest.