5. Almost Caught

"Octavia?" Peter called out softly. We were in Trim's house, The rebel meeting was over, and everyone was back in the city.

"Octaaaviiiiaaa?" Danny drawed out.

"I'm coming, i'm coming. Calm down" I put the pencil i was using to sketch down.

"What?" I said, slightly irritated to the two divas.

"Can we please do something?" Peter begged.

"I'm dying" Danny whined.

"Guys, stop acting like 6 year-olds. You're teenagers, heck, young adults. Do something yourself, I'm not your mother" I rolled my eyes. They've asked the same question about 6 times in the past hour.

"Still sketching, huh?" I turned around to see Mac holding the paper with my random sketches on it. My face flushed and i was cursed with the slight blush layering on my cheeks.

"Yeah" I said, shrugging.

He looked up at me. "You're still a talented artist. You've vastly improved"

I felt my face get hot. "They're not that good, you know..." I commented. His face turned stony and he narrowed his eyes. Just as quickly as that expression came, it was gone. He breathed softly and relaxed his face. He looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

"You haven't changed have you?"

"What do you mean?" I asked and Peter scoffed.

"Still the beautiful, talented, and wonderful girl who doesn't believe she's good enough" I looked at him, eyes soft. He smiled kindly and leaned towards me.

"You are good enough" He got up and looked me straight in the eye. Laugh lines around his eyes stood out with his small smile.

He closed the door behind him but i still found myself watching the door, even after he was gone.

"Good going Mr. Dreamy" Peter muttered and rolled his eyes. I pushed him playfully and he smiled.

I sat on the stone floor with my back against the brick wall of Trim's house. The chilling wind blew softly around me. I shivered but i refused to get up, too lazy. The door opened and Danny emerged.

"Hey Octavia" He said casually. He handed me a warm blanket and I smiled gratefully.

"ahh" He sighed as he sat next to me. I chuckled and closed my eyes.

"I'm gonna go back in. Be careful, please. It's past curfew" He said and got back up.

Once he was gone, my mind was blank. Nothing filled my thoughts, nothing kept me from wandering to the horrible truth. I am not ready for this. I can't lead an army, I will fail. All these poor, innocent people could die because I can't lead correctly. I sighed and got up. I couldn't just sit here anyway.

My feet thudded softly against the grey pavement next to the edges of the trees. The wind was blowing a little harder, and my thoughts were set on following the music. The beautiful music created as the leaves moved softly, and the wind blew the branches slightly. I know it's stupid to risk something like this, but the clogged up atmosphere has been choking me and I need to do something.

I am risking something really big, and i have a feeling i am not going to pull through.

"Halt! It's past curfew, what're you doing?" A deep voice said. I didn't turn around, hoping to stall him from finding out my identity.