4. Mac The Rebellion Co-Captain

"Hey, are you guys up to meet some people today?" Trim said from the couch. Peter and I sat at the table, having some breakfast.

"Yeah, sure" I said, looking up from my food. I turned to peter questioningly, and he nodded.

"We're meeting this city's volunteers today"

"You make it sound like a charity event" Peter scoffed and Danny snorted from the corner. Trim rolled her eyes.

"Word spread around the lower classes of the kingdoms. While you guys were asleep, I made some calls to some people and it's spread all over the kingdom. We've got hundreds" Everyone smiled proudly. As much as this was amazing news, my stomach twisted. All these people could die because of me. Just like Peter said, i had a fit and ran away from home.

I shuddered, ridding my mind of the doubts. I had good reasons to start a rebellion. I've seen my father execute a man for not bowing. He's and my mother are tyrants. I don't want to be queen.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked me in a low voice. I looked up at him, and i knew i had to tell him. It isn't such a big deal, but it felt weird.

"I was supposed to be crowned Queen today" I said, slightly scared to see his reaction. He tilt his head sympathetically, which honestly caught me by surprise.

"You're not angry?"

"What?" He looked confused. "Why would I be angry?"

"I don't know. I thought you'd look down on me from running from my responsibilities" I looked down.

"Look" He took my hand and looked at me seriously. The gesture wasn't romantic or loving, it was comforting, friendly and loving. "You were being forced into something. If you hadn't left, you'd be stuck with something for the rest of your life. You're making a difference right now. So many people are living in poverty. Some people die for the carelessness of the King. I know he's your father but he is killing thousands by not caring. You, Octavia, are going to change this kingdom for the better."

His patronizing stare didn't waver from my eyes. I sighed, rubbing my eyes. I looked over to see Trim and Danny looking at me with kind smiles.

"He's right, you know" Danny said, getting up and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Obviously" Peter said with a humorous cough. We all smiled at one another.

"Ready to go?" Trim asked us as we double-checked our bags.

"Yeah" Danny, Peter and I said in unison. We all started towards the door and Trim put a hand on the knob, when suddenly a loud and demanding knock interrupted us.

"ROYAL GUARDS! ORDER OF THE KING! OPEN THE DOOR IN 5 SECONDS OR IT WILL BE BROKEN DOWN! MANDATORY SEARCHES ARE NOW IN ORDER!" My blood ran cold and my feet glued to the floor. I felt strong arms grab and push me into a closet-like space. The room door closed and a hand covered my mouth. I heard a lock click.

"Don't make a sound" Peter whispered, fear and bravery both oddly combined in his tone of voice. I nodded, still processing what was happening.

"What's this about?" I heard Trim's muffled voice.

"Princess Searches. It's mandatory. Anyone who objects will be presented to the king and punished severely with no mercy shone" A familiar voice said.

"trmiphur?" I said quietly. What I meant to say was 'Trevor?'. Trevor was Sterling's best friend and my second guard. He was a weird guy who always stares at my boobs. Yeah. I would fire him but he was Sterling's best friend. So, in hindsight, i probably should have fired both.