Chapter 2 - The golden field and the fox

To prevent you guys from getting confused by this chapter

To prevent you guys from getting confused by this chapter... when Harry was hit by the meteorite in the previous chapter he entered some kind of 'dream world' for a lack of better words, even though he hasn't realized that himself yet.

I thought I'll tell you guys this before you read the chapter, otherwise I'm pretty sure you wouldn't know what is going on here haha

Chapter 2 - The golden field and the fox

"Where the fuck am I this time?" I mumbled under my breath. I combed my fingers through my hair and looked around the weird scenario with furrowed eyebrows.

I was standing on what seemed to be an endlessly golden field with a wide blue sky stretching above my head. My green eyes scanned the area, searching desperately for any life form.

A sigh left my lips and I sat down in the golden grass, rubbing my sore feet. I do not know how it was possible, but I seemed to have lost my shoes and socks in this weird place, resulting in me walking around bare-footed.

I massaged my sore feet for a while before I fell backwards, looking up at the clear blue sky. I could not seem to find the sun anywhere, yet it was very bright in this place, and warm too. "Seriously, where am I?" I said again, to no one in particular.

Ever since I woke up in this place, I had walked around aimlessly, trying to find another human being to ask for directions. I had not found anyone. Somehow, I managed to get myself in the middle of nowhere. With no shoes. No food and no water.

I closed my eyes and started to doze off, feeling the warmth getting soaked up by my skin.

It's very nice here. It's very warm and peaceful, I thought to myself.

◊ ◊ ◊

I looked up at the sky and noticed – much to my surprise – that it had gotten dark. The once clear blue sky had turned dark with billions of twinkling stars. A large, silver moon illuminated the sky; the moonlight reflected on the golden grass, turning it an almost silver-like colour.

"I wasn't supposed to fall asleep," I muttered, standing up and looking around.

Something sparkled in the distance, catching my attention. When I took a closer look, I noticed it was a fire. I jumped up and threw my hands in the air, "Fire! There's fire!" I yelled, jumping around. "There might be people there!"

I started sprinting towards the fire, my feet thundering over the silver-golden grass. I ignored the slight ache in my feet and instead focused all my attention on the fire. Knowing my bad luck I might actually somehow manage to lose the fire out of sight, so it was important I kept all my attention focussed on it.

When the fire got closer, I decreased my speed and walked the last few feet. I stopped in front of the fire and looked around, seeing if I could spot anyone nearby.