𓄹 Kuga Yuma x reader // Set up

𓄹 word count: 1.6k words 𓄼
𓄹 uploaded on: 6/3/2021 𓄼

sypnosis :

Things have been going awkward between you and your best friend Yuma as you both reach the crossway of your relationship. It's to the point where the both of you can't even be in the same room, and you're starting to wonder if it was worth it to lose your best friend for a chance at love.

┈┄┈┄┈┄┈┄┈┄┈┄┈┄┈┄┈┄

3 p.m. It was the off-peak hours of Tamakoma branch, right after the daily teatime sessions held by Yotaro, with today's special being red bean pancakes. Everyone snuggled back into their own rooms after they had their (unfair) share of desserts, cozied up for an afternoon nap or just their own personal time beyond Border's insight. All peaceful, all good-

"_____ GET YOUR ASS RIGHT HERE NOW !!! "

So much for peace, you said blatantly, although you clearly knew who ruined it.

" Oh shoots, the beast is awake. " You scurried to the nearest room in your sight, desperate to hide, for if you were caught...brr-

The thought sent a shiver down your spine, for the consequences would not be pretty.

You ran into the first room you saw and slammed the door, barely allowing yourself to catch your breath as you tugged at every component to make sure the door stayed shut. As you were occupied with fiddling the doorknob, accompanied by the inaudible complaints of Hyuse outside (which were getting louder and angrier ) dampened the slow footsteps crawling up to you-

"hey, what are you doing ?"

Slowly lifting your line of sight from the doorknob, eyes wide with the realization of whose room you were in, which you knew exactly-

"hey..", matching his greeting as you turned around cautiously as your eyes met with the short white-haired boy staring at you, hands in the pocket of the usual purple hoodie, the distance between you and him on the fine line of being too close for comfort.

" ... what are you doing here?" you buttered out stupidly, earning a doubtful look from the neighbour.

"uhh, my room? " now his head was cocked to the side, amusement flashed across his face, hands crossed in front of his torso as he eyed the door, which made you release your grip from the knob sharply. His gaze landed back onto you, eyebrow raised as he patiently waited for an explanation.

You heard a demand of your name beyond the door awfully close and shot Yuma a look of desperate plea, eyes saying pretty please for a lil' help.

There was now pounding on the door and you knew you were dead meat.

"you're not gonna.. tell on me,, right ?" his facial expressions never changed, but you swore you could see a grin showing, almost cocky. No more words were exchanged between the two of you and he approached the door, he shot one last look before opening the door. You understood what he meant and immediately ran into hiding, flinging his sheets across your body and stilling underneath, heart thumping. Was it because of how anxious you were for what you did to Hyuse, or was it the cocky smirk he held, the fact that he had some power over you that gave your cheeks a flush of warmth, you knew the answer as clear as day.

Sounds of gears clicking could be heard as Yuma opened the door, followed briefly by the thumping of footsteps as the guest barged in.

"WHERE IS SHE?!?! I swore I heard that brat's annoying voice"