Chapter One

February 22nd

Lauren's POV
--------------------
"We mature more with damage, not with the years" I read off of tumblr as I was on my way to class.

It's my freshman year of college in University of Miami, crazy I know right? Anyway what I just read really had me thinking, I can relate to it a lot.

I wasn't paying attention when I accidentally hit myself really hard against a pole. I swear to god it just came out of nowhere. I was in pain, but I soon had to get over it.

I headed to class and sat in my seat where I always sit. I'm pretty much a dedicated person when it comes to school.

My literature teacher assigned us projects on book reports and I knew exactly what I wanted and I was on my way to the library.

I've been here a couple times it's my go-to when I really need space or time to think it's like I read a book and it takes me to this whole new world. It helps me escape this cruel world. I love that.

As I start searching for a new book to read I put on me earphones and start to listen to "Begging for Thread" by Banks. I pick this one book and its captivating it's called "A Diary of an Oxygen Thief".

I read the first page and it says "I liked hurting girls. Mentally not physically, I never hit a girl in my life. Well once. But that was a mistake... It's like when you hear a serial killers say they feel no regret, no remorse for all the people they killed. I was like that. Loved it."

This man was pure evil. I love books that are so intense. It's speaks to me.

I looked up and as if I saw the most beautiful girl listening to music and she got up and seemed to be in a hurry and grabbed her Starbucks coffee and ran. I got up and walked up to Mrs. Rodriguez.

"Mrs. Rodriguez, who was that?" I asked.
"Who was who honey?" She asked me confused.
"The girl who literally just ran who seemed to be in a hurry" I explained to Mrs. Rodriguez when I was just getting impatient.
"Oh honey! That's Camila Cabello. She works for me so she can pay through college" she explained throughly.

I stayed deep in thought and I saw how she scrunched her nose up and stuck her tongue out when she was focused. In fact, it was actually pretty cute. I honestly have to come back. I snap out of my thoughts when Mrs. Rodriguez interrupted.

"Lauren, honey you've been staring at me like you're gonna kill me. Are you okay?" She asked.
"Sorry ma'am I was just deep in thought. Do you know when she will be back?" I asked.
"Of course I do." She answered.
"... Um can I know when?" I asked awkwardly as my cheeks slightly turn red.
"Oooooh! Yes honey. She'll be back tomorrow if you wanna st-" I quickly interrupted her.
"YES OF COURSE THANK YOU MRS. RODRIGUEZ! SEE YOU TOMORROW" I quickly grab my things to leave.

I get in my car and drive to my dorm. As I walk in the room I see Normani with her boyfriend making out.

"Get a room you two" I say.
"If you haven't noticed, it is my room idiot" she says as she starts to get off of her boyfriend, Joshua.
"Well if you haven't forgotten I also live here, mani" I giggled.

Normani and I have been best friends since grade school. She's been through a lot with me and as so have I with her. She was the first person I told when I lost my virginity to one of the girls in highschool. She's my wingman, my best friend for life. She's like a sister and I'm honestly so thankful for her. I love to tease her a lot she also does the same it's like an on going game and we just keep shooting back and forth.

"Hey Joshua, sorry for cock blocking" I laughed as I said that.
"It's okay Lauren it isn't the first time you've done that" he says slightly annoyed.
"Hey babe, I'm gonna go okay? I have to go meet up with the boys we're all gonna study together" Joshua said as he kisses Normani on the lips.
"Okay baby see you later" she says as she walks him to the door and shut the door.

Honestly watching that interaction just makes me want to have someone special, but hopefully that will change soon.

"Finally! I thought he'd never leave" I said as I go to my bed and lay down.
"Well thank you once again Lauren for ruining the chance of me getting dicked down tonight" she said.
"NORMANI! Watch the language young lady" I said.
"Oh shut up gringa, how was your day?" She asked.
"It was same 'old same old ya know? Oh! I saw the most beautiful girl at the library today" I said.
"OOOH!!! Give me the juicy deets hoe!" She demanded.
"I really don't know how to describe her. Hmm, let me put it into words you'll understand." I say.
"I am... offended. I totally understand anything and everything" Mani says with her dramatic self.
"Okay dork let me tell you. She was just wow I mean I didn't get to see much of her because she was in a rush but she scrunched her nose up and oh my god Normani she's just so fucking cute I need water" I say as I literally grab a water bottle and drink it all in like four gulps.
"Well what are you waiting for? Get that ass girl!" She says laughing.
"It's not as easy as it seems, Mani. I haven't even met her and I plan on meeting her tomorrow, but I don't want to seem desperate. I'm gonna have to come up with a really good plan" I say to Normani when suddenly I hear snoring.

"Great thanks for listening bestie" I say as I get on my computer and start my book report on "Diary of an Oxygen thief". I honestly can't get her off my mind.

I put on my earphones and start to listen to "Supernatural" by Ke$ha.

Baby when we're touching in the dark, can you feel it?
I can hear the pounding of my heart, can you feel it?
When you take my body to the stars, I believe it

"And girls wouldn't beat me up. They'd just stare at me in disbelief and shock.
Their eyes, you see.
All the pretense and rules dis-solved away. There was just the two of us and the pain. All those intimate moments, every little sigh, those gentle touches, the lovemaking, the confidences, the orgasms, the attempted orgasms, all mere fuel. The deeper they were, the more beautiful they looked when the moment came.
And I lived for the moment."

I stop reading when I feel my phone vibrate. I alway put a reminder so I can fall asleep cause sometimes I just stay up all night.

I put away all my things for tomorrow and then I start to think about Camila and how I'm gonna meet her tomorrow. I yawn and then drift off to sleep listening to music.