Chapter 8

I woke up wrapped around Daivat. I got myself out of the bed to shower and then get some breakfast.

"You weren't kidding when you said they were sexy pajamas." Daivat said from the bed. He was smiling from ear to ear.

"I thought you were sleeping." I complained. "Did you pretend to be asleep to see me with this when I got out of bed?"

"I'm not that smart." He winked at me and then when back to sleep.

He made me smile. During all the years we had been friends, he never made me feel as nervous as he did in that exact moment. I took my clothes with me to the bathroom and locked the door. When I was done with my shower, I put my clothes on, and put my hair in a high ponytail. I left the room as quietly as I could; neither of us had got proper sleep for weeks, so I didn't wanted to wake Daivat back up.

Once in the kitchen, I met two men who didn't seemed to acknowledge me. One of them put a plate in front of me and then with agile moves he placed food on it. It was spectacle.

"Thank you. That was impressive." I finally acknowledge what was on my plate; perfectly fold crepes, and lots of fruit. The two men still gave their back to me without talking. "You guys know you can talk to me right? I'm not a stuck up bitch that will ignore you."

I got a laugh out of one of the cooks. He turned around and showed me his smile. He was a middle age man, his hair white as snow, and his features those of a loving grandfather.

"I'm sorry for our rudeness. We were told by lady Nicki's parents not to start conversation with visitors unless we are told to." He standed his hand to me. "Hello, I'm Gregory."

I quickly cleaned my hands, and chewed what was on my mouth.

"Nice to meet you." I shaked his hand. "My name is Adrian."

"This gentleman right here is Matthew." Gregory pointed at the young man next to him. "Don't mind him. He is just upset because he is in love with lady Nicki, and he thinks one your friends is going to woo her."

"Grandpa!" The boy turned angrily. It was the same guy I've seemed before kissing Nicki passionately. "Why are you ventilating my business to a stranger."

"My apologies Matt, but this young lady had a bad day yesterday. She needs something to cheer her up." Gregory said and then looked at me. I panicked since he had just revealed that he knew what I could do. "Don't worry, my grandson and I know about Nicki's powers. We vowed our loyalty to her parents, therefore, your secret is also safe with us."

"Who do you work for exactly?" Time after time I got more intrigued by Nicki's family.

"I can't tell you that." He winked at me. "Matt and I have to go now. Enjoy your breakfast."

Not soon after Matthew and Gregory were gone, Tristan and Daivat got to the kitchen. Daivat looked the happiest I've ever seen him; meanwhile, Tristan looked like hell.

"Good morning?" I said scared of the reaction I was going to get.

Daivat came to me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Good indeed." He said.

I blushed and looked at Tristan to see his reaction. He looked at me like if he were saying that we were disgusting. I smiled and fixed my eyes to the ground.

"I'm not having a good morning." Tristan said angrily. "Nicki gave me the room next to her and God forbids she goes without sex one night. I hardly slept, and now you two are all lovely dovey."

"Man, you need to get laid." Daivat said with the brightest smile.

"Well my boyfriend is not exactly near by, so that ain't going to happen any time soon." Tristan's response surprised me. He didn't snap or gave Daivat a dirty look.