Chapter 10

We arrived to Nebraska at night. Tristan found a motel to sleep in that night. Besides that, there was not really a plan to stay anywhere, or to find someone else. Nicki started coming around; she started flirting with every guy she ever found, and making very inappropriate comments about me and Daivat. She was even flirting with Travis, who found every humanly possible way to avoid her. Daivat and I tried to keep our distance since we couldn't start a conversation without going at each other's throats.

We all refused to turn the tv on. The news were always rather depressing. We decided to spend our time doing things more entertaining like playing cards, and monopoly. The games were fairly fun; one of us always ended up bragging about winning, another was just playing for the food, other was always a bad loser, and the other two were always just trying to calm the winner and the loser. We had become a family.

Sometimes Tristan and Nicki would talk for hours about some boys in a magazine, while Travis and Daivat were more into some cars in other magazine. I would entertain myself by seeing them agree or disagree about the other's opinions. It was quite amusing to see their fights and their make ups. Daivat and Tristan in particular had grown to be fans of each other; they were always having inside jokes and making fun of each other. There was some kind of balance in our "family".

One night, after everybody went to sleep, Travis and I snuck out of our beds to talk about our plans. We had been talking about them for quite a while and it was time we would finalize it.

" When do you want to start moving?" He whispered. We were already out of the room, but we wanted to make sure nobody could overheard our conversation.

"I think it would be best if we leave tomorrow. Daivat and Trista are planning to go to California as soon as Nicki's wound heals completely." Nicki's wound was still bleeding every once in awhile.

"What about your wound?" He asked concerned. "I don't want to travel an awful lot of time, and try to sneak into a super vigilated facility while you are hurt."

"Don't worry about it. I'm okay." I dismiss the concern. "I insist, tomorrow will be the perfect day to go. Are you alright with that?"

"Yes."

Those were the final words before we headed to bed. Now that I think back, I realize how stupid our plan was; we didn't know how or when to attack, or the number of people that were protecting those facilities, or more importantly where in connecticut the facility was located. Naive and stupid we all were. Running away was not the right solution either

***

The next day arrived quite fast. I was sleep deprived, since I couldn't sleep without waking up every half an hour. I had decided to enjoy that day with the guys. I had not spend too much time with them because of our different opinions; besides, they enjoy each other's company more lately.

I started with going out for breakfast with Tristan. two of us had to go out every morning to get food for the rest.

"So, how are you doing lately?" I asked innocently.

"You know, I've been okay except for the fact that somebody is chasing me to kill me." He said sarcastically. "What's with you today? You haven't talk to me in a few days and now all the sudden you want to talk girly?"

"Geez, fine I won't ever ask you anything again." I exaggerated indignation.

"Don't be such a drama queen." He laughed.

"I just want to know how you've been holding up. This situation is not easy for any of us." I punched him playfully on his arm.

"Well, I'm as okay as one must be in this kind of situation." He said simply.