Chapter 4

"She's talking to Mendes anyway Lexi," Lauren stated flatly as the two girls observed the short Latina. A slight hitch in her voice belied her true devastation, though, revealing the feelings that she constantly fought to bury.

"Yeah, but she keeps looking over here. And it's defs not me she's checking out!"

Lauren looked back up toward the brown-eyed girl, and as if Alexa's words were gospel, Camila looked over at the same moment. Their eyes met, caught in one another's captivated glance before each hastily diverted their eyes.

"See!" Lexi exclaimed with a smirk. "You're hot as fuck anyway! She wouldn't be able to take her eyes off you even if she wanted to. Hell, I reckon even I'd do you, looking as smokin' as you do..." she trailed off letting her eyes slowly rake down and up Lauren's curvaceous form. Lauren just rolled her eyes and slapped Lexi's groping hands away.

"Nobody says I'd do you though!" She smirked.

Alexa slapped her arm playfully. "If I remember correctly that was how we met. You bought me several drinks, all while trying to persuade me to get in your pants. It was a valiant effort I'll admit. Little did you know at the time that I am, like, SUPER straight."

"Whatever!" Lauren grumbled, still sour about the one time she had ever been turned down.

"Am I still the only one then?"

Lauren grunted in response, glancing back over at the gorgeous Latina who was watching the best friends' interaction with great interest. Lauren shot a wink her way, making the girl hurriedly turn away with a slight blush.

"Hook line and sinker!" Alexa muttered quietly in Lauren's ear.

"Shut up," she grumbled back.

Alexa squinted at her friend for a moment before a sudden loud gasp almost made her jump.

"Oh my god, you like her! Lauren Jauregui actually has a crush!"

"She's straight Lex," Lauren stated, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Not with the way she's been eye-fucking you all night!"

"It's the dress. Besides, she hates me. I haven't exactly been very neighbourly toward her." Lauren grimaced for a moment before shrugging.

"Is that? No! Surely not?!" A small tight-lipped smile and quick shrug was answer enough for the curious girl. "Holy shit, Lo! I thought you said she would NEVER come? Doesn't she, like, hate you with every fibre of her being or something?"

"Something like that," her voice sounded taut indicating her discomfort with their topic of discussion.

"Well apparently not as much as you thought because she's looking over here once again."

Before Lauren had a chance to shoot another glance in the girl's direction, the appointed "umpire" was calling them all to attention. After briefly explaining the rules, the host was selected to start the game off. All eyes focused on Lauren as her lips suctioned the paper gently and the paper met the lips of the guy next to her. All his mates hooted wildly as they made the indirect kiss, and Lauren was glad to move quickly away from him. Apparently he wasn't so experienced with sucking and dropped the paper almost immediately after receiving it from Lauren's lips.

Her breath of relief was short lived as the game quickly resumed. Camila's pert lips were now attached to the paper that hovered between her and Shawn. Lauren couldn't help but feel a slight jealousy well up as their lips met through the paper. But Camila played dirty and slowly winked at him, running her hands through her silky hair. The ties were released from the brown locks, letting it flow down her shoulders like a waterfall. If Lauren found her breathtaking from this distance, she couldn't imagine seeing her though Shawn's eyes.