Chapter 13-Of Penguins And Lions

"Here's your milkshakes boys." The flame haired waitress grinned as she passed the group of milkshakes over to our table and distributed them among us. She frowned when she reached the fourth one, "And this one? Is this yours too?"

"Oh, yeah it is, just put that one over there." Calum nodded at the waitress calmly. She gave him a strange look but placed the drink down anyway.

"Where's Michael?" I ask as the woman walked away and oddly glanced back at us once more confused by the extra drink.

"He's supposed to be here by now, but he's not responding to me at all." Calum frowned as he whirled the straw around the rim of his drink mindlessly.

"Have you tried texting him?" Ashton asked looking up from across the table, slight concern in his tone.

"Well, no..." Calum shook his head.

A moment later, he pulled out his phone and started typing away into it. He'd barely put the phone down when there's a small notification bing.

"That was quick." He mutters as he picks up the phone and scans over it for a moment.

"Hey, would you look at that he says his on his way."

"Do you think the bonds down then?" Ashton whispered.

Calum shook his head, "No, I think he was just ignoring me."

"He would do that?" I raised an eyebrow.

Calum shrugged, "Wouldn't be the first time."

With that, the three of us return to our milkshakes. I hear the twinkle of the metal door chimes hanging on the glass door as it slams. I looked up to find the top of a black hood entering the room. Something about seeing someone dressed like that put my senses on high alert. I tried to see their face over the booth, but the person had disappeared completely.

Ashton gave me a strange look as I lean to the side of the booth to try and catch their face.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." A hooded figure spoke as they appeared from the side of the table. Without looking up properly, it sounded like Michael, but I could see a bandage on their right hand. That was odd, so maybe it wasn't him.

I looked up just as he took the seat beside Calum and took of his hood revealing his once green hair was now a dark purple.

So, it was him. I still couldn't help but think that the bandage was odd. I'd started to think that bandages were kind of useless for us when we healed so fast.

Neither Ashton or Calum commented on either. Maybe Michael changing hair colour or wearing a bandage on his hand wasn't much of a deal to them it seemed.

"Nice hair." I grinned.

"He changes it like every full moon, you get used to it." Calum rolled his eyes.

"Not quite, but it keeps things interesting." Michael grinned. "But thanks."

"It looks cool, I like it." I nod.

Michael plays with his hair, "It's a little darker than I wanted it but it'll lighten up once the dye fades."

"I think it'll look amazing by then." Ashton nods and I agree with him. Michael grins at our approval.

"So now that we've all established that we like Michael's hair.... what should we do today after we've had lunch?" Calum asked.

"Oh yeah! About that, I was thinking we could go to the game centre" Michael said with a grin.