Chapter 27-Runaways

Plan B, as it turned out was a long thought out plan of Calum and Michael's in case they ever found themselves in trouble. They hadn't really shared the details with Ashton and myself. However, it seemed besides searching for Michael and me; Calum had been planning it out as well, and before the afternoon was over we were already making our plans to leave the next morning.

"So as some of you know we're leaving." Calum says to the assembled group in Calum's living room. "After what happened to Luke and Michael. It's too dangerous for us here any longer."

I looked over the room, as I sat on the stairwell watching them. It was so weird, everyone's parents sitting here but mine. Even Ashton's mum was here, he'd ended up having to tell her everything. She'd taken it surprisingly well. Michael, Calum and myself had waited outside as he told her. They'd both cried for a while, but Ashton admitted that he was glad to have finally done it.

The parents had spent most of last night debating it, but they had all eventually agreed that it was the best move for us to leave. We'd assured them all that we would be fine and would look after one another. I hoped that we could keep good on that promise.

I stood to the side as everyone hugged and cried over our departure. There was no one here to say goodbye to me, so I just watched on. It was kind of frustrating, all their parents knew and accepted them. My family just kicked me out the door, at least they knew they were leaving with family to come back to. I'd thought I was starting to get over it, but having everyone else's parents here was one massive punch in the guts.

All at once I decided that I'd had enough, so I picked up my bag of stuff and headed outside onto the porch alone. Calum told us to pack light, but I didn't have much with me anyway. So, it was basically just all my stuff I still had on me from when I'd left home after the full moon. It hadn't been hard to pack. I'd spent most of last night helping Ashton get his stuff together.

I took a deep breath, at least I was glad of one thing. We were getting far away from here. After all the awful things that had happened, I was glad to be leaving. I'd found a family, but lost one in the process. So much had changed in such a short space of time. I hadn't even been here three months, but it felt like a life-time.

I heard footsteps on the porch behind me. I looked up, to find Ashton was the one walking down them.

"Everything done?" I ask him as he takes the spot beside me.

He nods, "Yeah, I think so. Michael and Calum, we're just finishing up when I left."

"This is it then huh." I sigh leaning back on to the step, as the sun began to peak over the horizon and turn the sky red. I knew we'd be leaving soon, Calum had wanted to leave before or not long after sunrise.

Ashton nods, "I guess we'll come back one day, maybe in a few months, maybe in another year or so. We've just got to leave until the hunters go themselves. If there's no werewolves soon enough they'll have to move onto the next place. Then we'll come back here. Well at least that's what the other two have planned."

Everything would be different though. I remembered a few years back, I'd gone to visit my old friends in one town. They'd changed so much. I'd only been gone a year. Who knew how long it would take for the hunters to leave? It could be days or years. I didn't have anything to come back here for like the others, but I knew what it was like, it would be tough on them.

"Yeah." I quietly agree, not even sure that if we could that I'd want to come back.

"We're not going to let them find us again." He said, a fierce defensiveness in his eyes, "Especially not you or Michael."

Sure, Calum and Ashton were in danger too, but at the end of the day the hunters wanted Michael and me. It was almost like they needed us. We wouldn't be able to escape so easily next time.