Haven

"Meng!"
"Tisoy!"
"Come here."
"Bakit?"
"I have something to give you."

She walks over to where he's standing. When she's an arm's length away from him, he pulls her into a hug. She's startled at first but when she feels his arm around her back, the other one cradling her head, she relaxes and hugs him back. She's been given plenty of hugs before but there's something extra special about his: it was warm and comforting. She closes her eyes and inhales deeply, letting his scent envelop her in a protective cocoon. She felt her worries slowly melting away. She would live inside his arms if she could because she knows that nothing and no one could ever harm her there. They stay like that for a long time, him slowly swaying her from side to side and her just reveling in the feel of his powerful arms and the solidity of presence.

When they pull apart, she pinches his cheek.

"Para san yun, Shokoy?"
"Galing sa AlDub Nation yun. Nagttweet sila sakin, i-hug ko daw sila sayo. They're here for you, you know. We all are."
She smiles.
"Thank you. I needed that. Balik muna ko dun, idlip akong konti kasi wala pa kong tulog eh."
"Teka, sandali."

He gently tugs on her arm and hugs her again, tighter. He pulls away slightly and gives her a lingering peck on her cheek, right at the edge of her lips.

"That one's from me."