Chapter 2 - A Way Out

[UPDATE]  As you've probably noticed by now, I've taken out the original Chapter 2 and replaced it with what was once Chapter 3. DON'T BE ALARMED - You're not missing anything important, I just took it out because it didn't really add anything in the first place.

Also, not only have I added things to this chapter, but I'll be adding more details/changing things in chapter 11, then I'll get chapter 12 out soon after. Sorry about the lack of activity. I'll get back to it soon my children ;-;

Anyways, Enjoy your new and improved story, you nerds ;)

It was November 2nd, 2012 when Turbo died. Now it was October 1st, 2016; almost four years later; and he was still mindlessly roaming Sugar Rush's overworld. By this point, he had evaluated his past actions to the finest details. He figured out everything he did wrong, and would do anything to go back to the life he once adored.

The constant isolation and lack of communication drove him to insanity. He occasionally experienced hallucinations of moments from his past, as well as fall into crying fits when he had an overflow of flashbacks and regret. It even got to the point where he started talking to every tree in the Candy Tree Forest as if they were actually people – and even pretending to join in on conversations between the other racers during closing hours. The doomed man had snapped too many times to count.

What really haunted him the most, though, was when he saw Vanellope in his place. She would have the time of her life every day, being cheered on by the crowd, racing against others neck to neck, and even getting away with using her glitch powers despite her being a playable character. Turbo hated that she could enjoy herself so much as he's suffering a fate worse than death, yet he couldn't help but live through her at times.

He would see her on the Jumbo Tron, and imagined how she was feeling as she zoomed on the racetrack. The feeling of speed, the burning competitive passion to win the race, and the satisfaction of coming in first place, as everyone would start cheering her name, "Vanellope! Vanellope! Vanellope!"

Turbo wanted those feelings back so badly. After all, it's all he ever wanted in the first place.

Ever since he committed the infamous act of "going Turbo", he's been desperately clinging onto anything that could possibly fill the empty void in his soul where TurboTime once was. He would do anything to have his glory days back, even if it meant taking someone's rightful place as ruler.

That's when it hit him – he did this very thing to Vanellope when he programmed himself into the game.

After fifteen years straight, the shoes were on the other feet. Now he was the nobody that everyone ignored, while Vanellope was the one enjoying the fame and glory. Knowing how it feels to be the forgotten one trapped in their own hell, it made him ponder why she didn't try overthrowing him earlier.

*************************************************************************************************

Turbo sighed as he wandered through the empty landscapes of Sugar Rush's overworld. He couldn't take it anymore. He didn't care about revenge against Ralph or Vanellope, nor did he care about trying to redeem himself, or even getting out of Sugar Rush. He just wanted the pain to end. He didn't care how, where, or what would happen to him, he just wanted to stop roaming aimlessly through a forest of candy. He needed to just interact with someone. If only someone would just know that he was there, just drowning in his own regret. If only someone knew what he was going through. He had to tell someone he was suffering.