The Choice

Part two: Raphael

I remembered I had to steady my breath before I walked up to her, got on my knees and pleaded my loyalty to her. I saw the look in her eyes as if she were going to cry right then. I decided it was my duty to go to her classes of archery. As we walked toward her class on the field, two young men jumped on her and squeezed her hard. I was prepared to forcefully make them release her. They were about 5’8, had black hair, one had gray eyes the other had light green eyes. They wore similar clothing they had a necktie with a sun embroidered into it.

 They were of the Hellos family, I was of the Leon family and Aria Amira was of the Rosalina family. She had a necklace with her family crest on it which was a beautiful rose in full bloom; I had a wristband with my family crest on it, Aria wished that I wear it because on the other side her family crest was on it. When they asked me who was I was; I looked to my friend’s eyes and saw she wished me to answer. So I did “I’m Raphael, Aria Amira’s childhood friend, who just yesterday became her bodyguard. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” They answered as they released her “Oh, now we get it. Nice to meet you Raphael our names are Romeo and Julian.” As I turned to look at her and I say I never seen someone or thing ever look as gorgeous as she did at that moment. I found myself thinking “If I were her betrothed at that time; what would we be doing with our lives? Or maybe I should have asked her parents for her hand in marriage.” “You dummy, you haven’t seen her in eight years.  Of course she looks different and don’t dwell on what could have been,” my conseces told me. “Your job is to protect her, remember? The feeling of protecting her no matter what the cost is to you!” That was true, that is why I left for eight years to become stronger to protect my dear childhood friend from danger.