awakened dreams

Hi guys, This is my first real book that I'm writing and actually letting people read. I will not have anyone proof read my book so you can tell me if I used the wrong spelling or whatever and I'll do my best to fix it. I'm gonna stop now and actually get along with the book because I know I don't always like reading the authors note.

***********************************************************

I panted as I ran through the the woods; my feet were killing me but I moved on. The moon was full and bright, it would be an amazing sight, if it weren't for the fact that I was running for my life.

***********************************************************

As I opened my eyes, all I could see was blurred color. My eyes slowly adjusted to the light as I looked around the unfamiliar room.

I saw an old lady knitting as she sat in a chair next to me. She had gray hair and green eyes, and wore a purple floral skirt with a white top and purple blazer which fit her well. She had on a goofy-looking hat with big feathers sticking out of it and I almost went into hysterics just looking at it.

"Hello, deary." she greeted when she noticed I was awake.
"Wha-where am I?" I stuttered, not knowing where I was, or who I was, for that matter. "You're in the hospital." said the lady, with a kind but concerned smile on her face.

I stared at her blankly for about two minutes trying to recognise her. She broke the silence when she noticed I was pulling a blank.

"My name's Maria," she said with a smile. "I am your grandmother. Your parents must have told you all about me."

I still pulled a blank, but then again, I didn't know who I was so how would I know someone else?

"I'm sorry, I don't remember you or my parents" I said to her with that look you give someone when they run up to you saying that they know you and you're just like "wtf?" Even though that never happened to me. At least I don't think so. I don't remember anything that happened to me.

Before she had time to reply, I noticed something: I'm in the hospital. Why the flip am I in the hospital? I haven't actually thought about the fact I'm here. So why the heck am I here?

"What happened to me that I'm in the hospital?" I ask curiously.

She looked at me with a mixture of horror, happiness and confusion. "People found you knocked out on the side of a hiking trail. You had a massive concussion. Police say you were hit with a rock, and you had a large cut on your left thigh. Probably from a fall in the woods. I'm just happy you're okay."

I looked at my leg and, what do ya know? A large gash. No wonder my leg has been hurting like a bitch since I woke up.

"You don't remember anything, do you?" She asked me with saddens in her voice.

"No, not at all." I replied, not showing any emotion as I spoke.

People always say their life sucks and they wish they could forget everything. But trust me, not knowing what happened to you is scary. Trying to find one little memory and failing miserably is scary. Everything is scary.

I was in deep thought as a knock at the door scared the life out of me. "Come in," said Maria, as a doctor came in with some pain pills.

"Hello, Annette," welcomed the doctor as she looked at me. "I'm Dr. Lyle. I'm glad you're awake."

Wow, she's a little too cheery. It's like I'm the first person she's seen for the past decade.

"Hi." I said quietly because this headache's getting worse and she likes to scream when she talks.

"Are you exited to go to home?" She asked as her blond hair bounced around her shoulders while she walked over to me.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't remember having a home. "She is going to be staying with me up in Vermont," said Maria as she looked at the doctor. "I don't like cities, so New York City isn't the place for me" she continued.

Wait. I was in New York City?

"Here's your last dose of pain pills for the night," she said as she handed me a few pills and some water.

"What time is it?" I asked after I took the pills.

"9:30, so you better get to bed" Dr. Lyle practically demanded.

I was tired anyway, and the rest of my questions could wait till morning.

***********************************************************

A/n: please vote and tell me what you think. Sorry if it takes me a while to update the next chapter, but with proofreading and stuff it takes time and patience.