Memorable Dreams

'All I could hear behind me was footsteps running after me. "I will get you for this!" the voice called out with anger in its tone.

I tripped, scared to death of what was going to happen to me. As a figure approached me all I could see in it's hand was a-a-a-........' "Annette!" Jessica screamed. 'Wha- what?" I studdered sitting up. "how can you sleep in on a day like this!" she screamed, yet again. will she ever learn that its not nice to wake a sleeping person on a Saturday, especially after you kept them up half the night kicking them?

"Leave me alone!" I groaned, stuffing my head into the pillow wanting to get at least 5 more minutes of sleep.

"You asked for it." And with that I felt a set of 20 claws digging into my head. "JESSICA!" I screeched "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT!?" "Because you wouldn't get up." She said with a sweet smile.

I sent her the rudest glare I could muster, that was until I heard a knock at my bedroom door. "Annette, honey. Can I come in?" My grandma, Maria, asked. "Sure, Maria." I replied.

The door opened, and Maria walked in with her signature smile plastered on her face. "I heard screaming and wanted to see if everything was okay." She said. "Everything is fi-" Jessica started before I cut her off. "Nothing is 'fine'! First, she kept me up half the night kicking me. Then she tried to wake me up, and when I wouldn't listen she threw Fizzgig on my head!" I really wasn't a morning person, everyone- especially Jessica- knew this, which makes it that much worse.

Maria's face turned to one of concern. "Oh, my poor baby!" She said, reaching towards me. Just when I thought she was gonna hug me, she grabbed my kitten instead. "Did mean old Annette throw you off her head?" She questioned Fizzgig while rolling him onto his back, petting his stomach

"Did you seriously just pick my cat over me?" I asked in disbelief. "Especially on my birthday?" I'm so feeling the love right now. NOT!

"Oh, come on Annette! I'm picking you over the cat! Why do you think I grabbed Fizzy in the first place? To wake you up. So I could spend time with you on your birthday!" Jessica stated, jabbing her finger into my chest every time she referred to me.

"talk to the hand, Lee" I said, putting my hand up to her face. "Oh, you did not just call me by my middle name!"She yelled, then proceeded to do her best worrier cry and lunged at me.

I pushed her off me, and onto the floor when I heard my phone go off. "Helloo?" I asked, not bothering to look at the caller ID. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!" The person on the other side of the phone screamed. "What do you want, Jamie?" I asked, tired of all the yelling. "Ug, just come down to the diner. Me and Jax are waiting for you guys." I could tell by her voice that she was rolling her eyes at my unenthusiastic response.

I huffed a reply and hung up the phone. As I attempted to get out of bed, I was tackled again. "This is why you don't use my middle name. Ever." Jessica said, tickling me. I'm very ticklish, so I started rolling around kicking anything that was in the way. "Ge-e-et off me! we hav- have gues-haha!" I laughed out.

"Guests you say? Jessica, get off her! We have to open the diner anyways." Maria scolded. She got up and walked out of the room. But before she got into the hall, she yelled to us "You girls have 5 minutes to get ready and be downstairs!" And with that she was off, down the hallway.

I really didn't feel like getting up, but God knows what Jessica and Jamie would do to me if I didn't. Once, they came over to get me for school like an hour early so we could, and I quote "Go to Starbucks so Jamie can stalk that cashier dude, I think his name was Collin. Or was it Colten? I don't know anymore." When I didn't get up, they dumped a bucket full of ice on me. Not ice water. Ice. Lets just say that I ended up giving Jessica a black eye...