Windows to His Soul

Waking up was terrible the next morning. The smell of old blood hit my nose, it was rusty and it pierced my senses, letting my only focus be on the aroma of death and nothing else. When I opened my eyes I realised why the smell was so intoxicating, it was coming from me.

I opened my eyes and saw the dried blood from yesterday's kills mixing in with the sweat on my clothes. The word kill is a funny word to be used, how is it that it's used for ending the existence of those already dead?

The tree I was sleeping on was sharp, splinters dug into my skin, seeking solitude in my body. I motioned to Alex to untie me so I could stretch my weary bones and begin the daily torture of living in hell.

As Alex was untying me I realised the the skin decorating the bottom of his eyes. It was dark and sagging like his skin was becoming too heavy for him, too much of a burden for him to carry. I could still see the dried tear stains snaking their way down his cheeks. I could still see the lack of emotion filling his eyes while he deftly untied me from the tree. I could still see that he longed for his little sister who was cruelly snatched from him.

Deep in his eyes, barely visible to most, I could see a hatred and a thirst to continue the search to get her back.
..................................................,,,,,,,,,,,
AN
Felt in the mood to duck up everything and make things angsty ;) sorry ✌🏽️ updates are slow as usual but I'm trying to make updating a routine ✌🏽️