Chapter Ten- Trust Issues

Damien and I have taken a few days off school because of his mother's death and thank God, the school understood. He's been staying in my house, and my parents had no problem with it... Yet. Mom managed to talk to me about it yesterday and she was wondering when he would leave. I understand why he needs to leave, but I won't let him. Not until he finds some good relatives to move in with.

My father also managed to talk to me about something yesterday. The family isn't staying in England for long, he'll be moving to the US in about a year and a half, which will be around the time when I finish my GCSE's. Well played, dad. He really doesn't want me to stay here, does he?

Ever since he told me about his job in the US, I've been up all night looking for a suitable college to go to in England; an excuse to stay here, of course. It's actually not just an excuse to stay; if I find a good college to go to here, why not? It's my future after all.

The police found Damien's father yesterday; apparently he was involved in the death of Damien's mother. Although it would sound horrible to say I'm glad he's involved, I am. If he wasn't, Damien would've been forced to live with him after all; to put up with the horrible abuse and without his mother.

Ever since the incident, Damien slept all day and stayed up all night.... Doing nothing. Sometimes I'd stay up with him and talk to him, it makes him feel better. Sometimes we just lie on my bed and say nothing. Yesterday we were lying on my bed next to each other, and to my surprise, Damien reached for my hand and locked his fingers through mine and told me that he cares about me more than anyone in the world. He didn't mean it in a romantic kind of way (at least that's what I think) but more like I'm the only person left in the world who's there for him.

I was a little happy by his words, and a little disappointed too. That's when I realized that I have feelings for Damien. I know, how ironic, eh? But what can I do, he's simply perfect. His looks are perfect, he's an amazing person and we both share a good music taste. I knew Damien saw me as his best friend, so I'm trying to forget about my feelings for him. I mean, it can't be more than a crush, could it?

~*~

'Violette, I made breakfast for you and Damien.' Mom said as she put her coat on. We'll be alone for the whole day; Jenny is at a sleepover after school; dad has work all day and so does mom.

It's Hannah's birthday tonight and I promised to go, but in the same time I can't leave Damien; I won't leave him. I got out of bed and texted Hannah:

*hey! Is it ok if Damien comes tonight?xxx*

Hannah: *yup that's cool! I want lots of ppl anyway c'ya tonight!xxx*

Yes! Damien gets to come with me!

I headed to the bed and jumped on Damien, waking him up.

'Dude, what the fuck?!' He moaned.

'You're coming to Hannah's birthday party with me tonight.' I squealed with happiness.

'No, Violette. I don't even want to.'

'But I don't want to go without you!' I moaned

'Well, you have to. Because I'm not coming.'

Oh my god, what an arrogant little bitch.

'Fine, Damien. You know what? I thought that if you went you might have a little fun and get your mind off all the bad stuff for a while. But I guess you like being upset.'

He giggled, and grabbed me by the waist 'ok, fine. I'll come.' He smiled.

'YAY!!' I screamed and jumped on him, hugging him.