The first problem.

So, I rushed out of the house to get to work yesterday morning, coffee, briefcase, and large purse in hand, only to discover that the actual ignition in my actual car was actually missing!    Uhuh!   It had somehow fallen inside the dash and there was merely a hole in the dashboard where the key should go.

(I do recall, having parked the car on the street the night before, that I most definitely left an ignition in the dash.  In an interesting coincidence, however, my husband had subsequently moved my car into the driveway, clearly leveraging said ignition to do so, and leaving him the last one to see it).  Hmmmmmm, could there have been some aggressive behavior from one whose car does not require inserting a key????

I therefore called CAA who told me they could send a tow truck, but that I needed to sort out finding a garage to tow to.  Since I had subscribed to CAA to be privy to just such timely advice, on just such a challenging occasion, I assumed I had misunderstood and so asked for clarification.  Donna-from-CAA cheerfully informed me that there are no CAA-endorsed garages in my neighborhood (side note: my neighborhood is - TORONTO) and that I must fend for myself.

  Donna-from-CAA cheerfully informed me that there are no CAA-endorsed garages in my neighborhood (side note: my neighborhood is - TORONTO) and that I must fend for myself