~3~

•Derek Hale•

I can't take this. I'm not going to be able to hold her when she's sad. I'm not going to be able to kiss her soft lips. I still have that tingly feeling on them from the last time she kissed me. I'm not going to be able to even see her gorgeous face because I let her slip away. I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't of let her go. Who's going to help her stay under control? Maelie is strong. Really strong. Sure she's survived one full moon but who knows if she'll be able to stay under control the next full moon? I live alone now. My uncle, Peter, is burned from his head down. My sister Laura left to find whoever set out house of fire and she told me to stay put. My life is falling apart. It's horrible. I hate everything right now.

I'm just worried. I'm alone. I needed to get away from my burned down house. So that's exactly what I did. I walked the streets of Beacon Hills. I somehow found myself on Maelie's old street. I saw Stiles and Scott playing lacrosse outside. I smiled. Maelie loved those boys as if they were her own brothers. "Hey Derek!" Stiles shouted. I waved Scott turnes around and waved slightly at me. He's shy. Very shy. But he's a strong kid. Both him and Stiles have been through a lot. And they stick together I like that. I saw Sheriff Stilinski and Melissa sitting on the porch having a conversation. I waved at them and they waved back. They were the only people in this town that seemed... normal. And trust me, nothing will ever be normal in this town. Nothing. Which is kind of weird but I didn't let the thought get to me.

Hey, who even knows. Maelie and Will might not stay in Colorado for as long as I think or they think for that matter. They need someone to help them. Okay, I may not be the best at staying in control but I can help Mae prepare for it because I know that much. I decided to call Will because I know Maelie won't pick up. I think she's pushing me away. I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up. "Hello?" He said into the phone.

"Hey Will listen. I just want to make sure that Maelie is okay for the next full moon..."

"Yeah don't worry Derek! Our aunt is a werewolf!! She's a total badass!" Will said with a laugh. I laughed too.

"Is Mae pushing me away?" I asked.

"I don't know. Somethings going on with her... I'll let you know," Will said as I sighed. "Hey I have to go... I'll talk to you later man bye!" Before I could say anything Will hung up... He doesn't even know if Maelie is pushing me away. Maybe she is. Maybe she needs space. But it hasn't even been a day and I'm still missing her like crazy. I wish I could go back and fix all the mistakes I caused... I wish I could go back to the start.

••
a/n
YESSS THIS BOOK IS FINALLY COMING TOGETHER A LITTLE BIT!!! i hope you guys are liking this book! idk if you liked the other book better... but i like this one better sorry lol! so i got a hair cut... and i love it. so i have really curly hair and it was really long. so my cousin cut most of it off and styled it differently and all my friends love it... lol sorry for the short rant. ty!!
-kel