~16~

Derek Hale•

Everything was in slow motion. I watched as her back hit the ground. I got up and pushed the hunter out of the way and held her in my arms. "Maelie..." I said as tears formed in my eyes. Araya had the arrow laced with some type of poison... my guess is wolfsbane. It was definitely a type I've never seen before.

"Derek, it's okay. I had this... gut feeling... that my time was over... and that... and that... I would hurt you or Will. I love you Derek Hale. I love you too Will, stay strong you both. Derek, don't do anything stupid," she started and coughed as blood spurted from her mouth.

"I love you too," I said as tears blurred my vision.

"Don't forget about us Derek... find someone else to love..."

"Maelie, please no," I said. At this point I was sobbing.

"I love you... Der-" she coughed up more blood. "Derek Hale," she said and took one final breath and closed her eyes.

"Maelie! MAELIE! NO!" I screamed I was sobbing. "Where the hell are they?" I screamed at Will who was crying as well.

"They ran off right as she fell... I... I lost my mom, dad, and my sister... Wha- what do I do..." he put his face in his hands. "We have to call the police," Will said and pulled out his phone as I sobbed intk Mae's bloody shirt. Within minutes the police showed up. When Sheriff Stilinski saw the sight he stopped. Tears formed in his eyes as he turned around to come face to face with Stiles and Scott. I looked at both boys and the Sheriff then back to the ground.

"Dad?" Stiles asked. "Is that- Is that Maelie?" He asked with tears forming in his eyes. The Sheriff looked in his son's eyes and nodded slowly.

"I'm so sorry guys," he said to both of the crying boys. "Deputy, take these boys away from the scene please." He walked over to me. "Derek what happened?"

"Well, we all wanted to hang out together. Me, Will, and Maelie. We were walking in the woods and I guess someone was hunting because they shot a bow and arrow and they made a shot and it went through," I choked. "Her chest." I finished. More and more tears just kept flowing down my face. Sheriff patted my back and I just kept crying and crying and crying. Will was too. We both loved her so much but in different ways. I just can't believe she died just like that. Will and I were removed from the scene as the ambulance came and picked up the body. I was dropped off at Will and Maelie's house.

"Will... I-I can't stay here... I just can't," I said to Will.

"I'm not staying. Too much reminds me of her." Will said and walked inside, I'm guessing to pack up his stuff. He left the front door open so I walked in and went in Maelie's room. I walked over to her nightstand and saw the picture of us together. I picked it up and left her house with it. I just kept walking and walking until I reached the bus station. I pulled out my phone and called my sister Laura.

"Hello?" She asked through the phone.

"I can't stay in Beacon Hills," I said and she told me where she is. I bought a ticket and got on the bus and left. I left everything behind.

••
a/n
ONE MORE CHAPTER UNTIL THE FINAL AUTHORS NOTE OML THIS CHAPTER PUT ME IN TEARS😭😭😭
-kel