~12~

•Derek Hale•

I can't do this on my own. I just can't. I needed to tell someone. So I called her brother who is actually on his way right now. Although they didn't end on good terms, I had to call him. Mae and I are still at the high school. We can't take that risk of the Calaveras finding her. Their only objective is to kill her. They called her "La Loba" which means she wolf in Spanish. They know she's dangerous and they want to kill her before she kills anyone. They don't even try to save her. But now, I want to save her. I have to save her. I feel like I need to give back since technically, this is all my fault. I still see the blame in her eyes when she looks at me. It's like she thinks she forgave me but hasn't forgiven me fully. We're in the locker room right now, which doesn't smell great, but there's less windows so no one will see us or so the Calaveras don't find us.

My arm is draped over her shoulder as she's trying to sleep. I can't let anything happen to her, I just can't. It'd kill me if that ever happened. I heard a door close and so did Mae. I stood up and signaled Mae to stay sleeping as I walked towards the door. I flicked out my claws and stood near the entrance to the locker room. I heard a familiar heart beat. I felt my fangs appear from my teeth. The door handle started to move and I stood there in attack position. The door slowly opened and a head popped inside but immediately jumped back. It was Will.

"Holy shit Derek! It's just me!" He whisper-yelled and walked inside. Mae didn't move.

"Sorry... but I don't want the Calaveras to kill your sister," I said sarcastically and he walked inside. He walked over to Maelie.

"Maelie, I'm really sorry. I felt awful after you left. I got into a fight with Aunt Noelle and now here I am. I wanna protect you," he said and Mae looked at me and I nodded for her to continue as she didn't say anything. She just hugged him. I sighed and leaned against a locker and slid down so I was sitting on the floor. I closed my eyes and felt a presence sit next to me. I opened my eyes to see Maelie smiling at me. She kissed my cheek.

"Thank you," she said.

"Mae, don't ever thank me. You don't have to," I replied to her and she smiled at me. She leaned into me as I put my arm over her shoulder as she closed her eyes and tried to sleep.

"Derek, you try to sleep too. I know you haven't got much sleep. I'll keep watch," Will offered and I nodded and didn't object at all. I felt my eyes get heavier as I soon fell asleep.

••
a/n
hi!! idk how you guys like this story. this story is absolute trash but whatever you guys like... lol this is going to end really soon guys... im sorry!
-kel