The Devil's Cage

This is my first story on wattpad. So please vote and comment if you like it or not. I hope you enjoy reading.

____________*_____________

Chapter 1

MERI'S POV

I'm running. My feet aching with every step I take. I'm almost there. I could see my family again. My brothers. The only ones who cried for me when I was taken. With Delgado by my side, we ran to the bridge. All we had to do was cross and we could be free. But then I hear large foot steps running after us and gun shots. I glance down at Delgado's body running next to me. I hear another gun shot. At that moment I felt all the hope drain out of my body as I see Delgado's limp body on the floor. As I turn back I feel large arms trap me. I try to escape but I can't. I feel hot tears run down my cheeks as a gun is pointed to my back. I wait for the gun shot knowing this is the end. He takes the safety of and starts to pull the trigger. Then.....

GASP!

I sit up on my bed as I take in my surroundings. I feel hot and sweat trickles down my face. My recent whip marks start to burn on my arms and legs. I look outside my window to see it gray and cloudy. I don't know why but weather like this calms me. It helps me forget the hell I've been living in for the past ten years. My parent sold me to a millionaire just so they can pay a debt my past family members owed. My family was poor so when a millionaire offered to give them thirteen thousand dollars to take their only daughter away for the next thirteen years, they couldn't refuse. Now I am forced to live a life of pain and hell with this man.

Since I'm the only women in the house, he makes me cook, clean, and do the shopping. Not only that but every night he beats me for every mistake he caught me do during the day. Every night he brings a different whore to the house and when he doest get one; he uses me instead, whether I want to or not. (Which I don't, by the way) It's a nightmare I can't seem to wake up from no matter how hard I try. I don't have anyone to talk to besides a large, black wolf I met here. I named him Delgado and he has helped me get through some hard times around here. He even comes with me to the city to buy groceries. He's what most people would call "my best friend".

"MERI!?!?!"

I hear Master's dreadful voice booming through the speaker.

I sit up and push the button on the speaker that is mounted on the side of my bed."Yes sir?" I say to the speaker

"I'm hungry. Get me breakfast!" He answers back.

"Right away sir." I answer.

I get up and get ready to make breakfast. I head to the bathroom thats connected to my room and wash my hands, face, and teeth. Once I'm done, I walk out of the bathroom and into the many maid outfits Master makes me wear. I put on my favorite one. Yeah I have grown so used to this life style that I have a favorite maid outfit. It's a black, spaghetti-strap dress with midnight blue trimmings that reaches an inch above my knees, showing my tattoos, past scars, and my most recent scars. Yes, I also have tattoos. Master lets me go to the tattoo parlor to get tattoos to cover my scars so people don't suspect anything. Some add-on accessories Master allowed me to have are black sleeves with midnight blue trimmings that start from the edge of my wrist to the beginning of my elbow and a neon green flower on the edge trimmings of my elbow. I tie my jet black hair with dark blue streaks in a low pony tail and put a beret of a black wolf with blue eyes on the side of my head. Have I mentioned that my favorite colors are black, blue, and green. Lastly, I slip into my black flats and head out the door to make breakfast.

I head down the grand staircase and head towards the kitchen. When I get there I put on my apron and began making Master's breakfast. After that's done, I take out a cup, poured Masters favorite imported coffee, placed it on the tray, and made my way up the stairs.

I get to Masters bedroom door, knock on it, and wait to be called in.

"Come in," I hear Master say from the other side and open the door.

"Master, here's your breakfast," I tell him as I walk into the room.

Master looks up from his laptop, and looks at me then the tray and back to me.

"Put it on the nightstand," he orders. I walk up to the nightstand, place the food down, and wait for any other orders. When he doesn't say anything I take my leave.

But before I make it to the door Master calls out and says, "Oh, Meri, I need you to pick up the new suit I bought."

"Yes, Master. Anything else?" I ask.

"Oh yes, get a new tattoo on your leg to hide the scars there. Don't want people talking about how you got them, now do we?"

"No, of course not Master. I'll take my leave after I finish cleaning in the kitchen if that is alright," I say as I leave the room.

"Sure but hurry, you have to be there no later that 5 o'clock," he says as I leave.

"Yes sir," I say while closing the door to the room and heading to the kitchen to clean up.

Once I'm done, I head out back to meet with Delgado. Delgado is a wolf I met a couple of weeks after I came here. I was scared of him at first because he would growl at me when I got close. But after a couple of weeks of getting used to each other, we realize we only had each other. While I was given away, he was left by his pack. Of course this is my theory since he never leaves my side. He only leaves to hunt for food then comes back. He even comes in to sleep with me every night. Every time Master hits me or whips me, Delgado is always there for me and makes me feel better. Since my bedroom is like a guest house out back by the forest line, we don't have to worry. He wakes up early to go hunting and stays out of my room but close by so Master doesn't see him.

I see him laying by a big tree closest to the forest line. I can tell he sensed me coming because his head picks up and turns towards me. His ocean blue eyes meet mine as he gets up and comes closer. When he reaches me, I kneel down and pet his head as he sits down.

"Morning Delgado, did you sleep well?" I ask. He yawns and I take that as a yes.

"Delgado, I'm going to the city for some errands , do you want to come?" I ask. He answers by standing up and waiting for me to take the lead. I smile at his gesture and start to head out.

Before I leave, I tell Delgado to wait down stairs and not make any noise. He obeys and I head upstairs to inform Master that I'm leaving. When he gives me the ok, I make my way down stairs where Delgado is waiting for me. He sees me and gets up ready to leave.

On my way out I untie my hair and let it fall in black and blue ringlet curls on my back and we head towards the city.

____________*_____________

Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment. I want to know what you think.

- Cheshire Angel