Chapter 14 - Regret & Forget

Photos of Chris Collins (weeklychris on Instagram) as Dylan Taylor. I know he looks so sad and adorable. Suits the character. **edited**

~ Dylan's POV ~

As I approached her driveway, I could see that she was the only one home. Thank God. I didn't want to face her parents just yet.

Slamming the brakes, I got out of Brent's car and knocked on the door.

No answer.

I knocked a couple of more times and ended up banging on the door.

"Katherine! Katherine please open up! I can explain! Katherine please..."

I didn't realize that I was already crying. If she would only let me explain, I swear I can prove to her that I actually want to change... I want to... To be good for her... I want to be the perfect man, but who would believe me? Better yet, how would that even be possible?

About 15 more minutes of banging on her front door, my knuckles started to bruise. I didn't care how much it hurt, what hurt more was the way my heart was breaking. Each minute I spend not talking to her, not being able to explain, my heart gets torn to pieces. This was all my fault though, if only I wasn't such an idiot.

I was going to climb up her balcony again but the door opened with a very angry Katherine storming out.

"What do you want!?" She yelled, her eyes were still bloodshot.

Seeing her the way she was broke my heart into millions of pieces then stepped on like it didn't matter.

"Please let me just explai-"

She cuts me off short, "Oh what? About the bet? How you and the others were trying to make me fall for yous? Is my life some sort of a game to you? Because it surely seems like it! Or you just so badly wanted to be called the Number One player? Is that it, huh? What kind of an achievement do you guys get from it? Nothing! You guys are just sick! I... I just thought I could finally trust someone... But I was wrong," her voice broke at the last word.

"No, look. I was wrong. I regret it. I really do. I... I didn't care if I got to be called the number one player, I... I was bored with my life. I know it was stupid but I had nothing else to do."

"Yeah so you decided to play with mine, right. Thanks a ton," she choked on her words.

"Please hear me out. At first all I wanted was to win, but... But when I got to know you more, I fell in love with you. You have to believe me, please," I was now begging.

"You're such a good actor, Dylan.. Or if that's even your real name," she said, her voice laced with venom.

She didn't give me more time to explain, she went back inside and shut the door on my face.

My energy was drained.

Unwelcomed tears rolled down my face.

"Katherine! Please Katherine! Believe me! You have to believe me. You know I would never do such a thing!"

When I knew that she wasn't going to open up anymore, I walked away.

I was mad because she wouldn't listen and mainly because I was so stupid to let it come to this. If I just came clean maybe... Maybe we'd be dating by now, I don't know.