Untitled - Chapter Five

"Sadie!" A mother called. She opened her eyes and rolled out of bed, sitting up and looking out the window. The skies were nearly clear, the occasional blot of clouds covering the blue field. It was a nice day. Every day was a nice day. Life was so bliss. And meaningless.

What was she here for? Was she meant for something? What's she going to do when it all ends? To Sadie, it was just a confusing mess. Even when she tried to stop it, the clouds kept moving. The days kept turning. She woke up every day, clammed up in her little room, alone. Her mother homeschooled her because she was too worried about Sadie struggling to make friends. So instead, she just took that option out altogether. Sadie never got to make any friends.

She was alone.

And, left to herself, she eventually began to wonder about things like life. These days, it didn't matter. Sadie was lost. But she was willing to stay lost.

She shuffled over to her closet and put on some loose grey sweatpants and a grey pullover. It was her favorite color. Grey. The color of emptiness. It matched her perfectly. She dragged herself downstairs and over to the kitchen table. It was a Tuesday, meaning Sadie had the day off of school since her mother had to work on Tuesday and Friday. She shoveled some dry cereal into her mouth and decided to go on a walk.

Sadie looked up, watching the clouds move as she walked. They were always moving. Curse them. Curse the clouds for always moving. She just wanted time to stop, but the clouds kept moving. It was torture.

Why did she even go on this walk? She was just going to go back home in the end. She turned around, ready to head back. Something caught her eye, and she stopped. A sign stuck up from the grass. 

NOTICE : GARAGE SALE

TUESDAY, AUGUST 10TH

3217 HARLSTON DR.

THERE WILL BE QUESTIONABLE ITEMS SOLD

Questionable items? Sadie wanted to go home, but she had bugger all to do that day, so she decided she might as well go. She turned back around and started walking, this time with a destination in mind. Questionable items it is, then. She had a feeling things were about to get interesting.