Chasing After Stupid Dreams

"YOU KNOW WHAT?! SHUT THE HELL UP! NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR LITTLE BOYFRIEND OROCHIMARU! WHY DON'T YOU GET LOST INSTEAD OF ASKING PEOPLE IF THEY'RE SCARED OF YOU!? EVER THOUGHT OF THAT?! WELL NO ONE LIKES YOU ANYWAY! YOU'RE NOT EVEN NEEDED HERE! GO HOME, KABUTO! GO HOME OR DIE!" I yell at Kabuto's face. 

"Big threats coming from someone with a bunch of kunai gashes in her back." he chuckles

"Yuukina? Is your back okay?" asks Naruto, concerned. 

"Yeah. Fine. This jerk just stabbed me."

"You can give up if you want. I won't harm you if you give up. Just quit, don't interfere, and you'll get out of this alive. Just run away, Naruto. I'll let you live. You can't do anything. But Jiraiya and Yuukina have too much to answer for. Tsunade...well, we kind of need her. You can take Shizune and the pig with you. Run. Far away from here." says Kabuto to Naruto, who's eyes are burning with anger. "Hey, now, I'm letting you live. Stop giving me that look. You should be grateful to me. After all, I did save your ass three times now. If you're going to stay here, by all means, die, then. If you're going to die, your dreams won't come true."

Naruto continues to glare at Kabuto, while I growl at him. 

"His dreams will come true, even if I have to give up my life for it. He will  be Hokage."

Tsunade begins shaking even more violently, as she closes her eyes and clutches the necklace. 

Tsunade....if only there was some way to make you forget....

"Kids these days, thinking everything is a slice of cake. Having stupid dreams that will never become true. They don't give up because they believe they have a reason to live. Am I right, Yuukina?"

I smile at Kabuto, and nod vigorously. 

He looks surprised.

"Yes, I agree. But you are even more of a child than Naruto." 

"Wha-"

"Don't talk about dreams as if you know what they mean. You can't tell how someone feels, or what they're going to do. Who are you to call the future Hokage a kid? Weak? Childlike? Stupid? I think all those words describe you. All except stupid. You're not stupid, Kabuto, and neither am I. That puts us at a disadvantage when trying to understand the mind of someone who...well...someone like Naruto. I don't understand it, but there's something about this kid that nobody will understand. I can't understand it, and don't pretend like you can. I don't get it, but somehow I know. I know that Naruto's dreams will come true." I tell him, flicking his nose with my middle finger. 

Kabuto shoves me aside and strides over to Naruto. 

Before he can make a punch, however, I grab his arms and swing him around, being careful to smash him into several rocks. 

When he gets up after I let him go, he addresses Naruto again. 

"You're going to go chase after your stupid dream, and then you're going to die. I gave you a chance to get out of here, and you chose to ignore me. Don't blame me if you die here. It's your own fault if you get killed."

He kicks Naruto a few times, but Naruto catches his foot and pushes Kabuto away. 

"I'll never go back on my word. That's my ninja way." he says, slowly standing up. 

Kabuto's hand turns blue. 

"You should have taken my advice and ran while you had the chance. You would be miles away, but no...."

He draws back his fist, and swings it downward, at Naruto. 

I step in front of him, and the chakra hand hits my neck. I go flying instead. 

I skid towards Tsunade, as Naruto starts yelling, due to the fact that Kabuto hit him, too. 

"Why..." Tsunade's voice says. 

I sit up and open my eyes. 

"Grandma Tsunade..." Naruto says, standing up shakily. 

"Still fighting, eh?" Kabuto chuckles. 

"Come on, Naruto. You can do this." I say, clutching my neck. 

Naruto does a hand sign, and his eyes narrow. 

"That necklace is going to be mine. I'm going to wear it and I'm going to live."

"SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!"

Another Naruto appears next to the original. 

"STOP IT NARUTO! DON'T PROTECT ME!" cries Tsunade. 

Kabuto whips out a kunai. 

"When you're stubborn like that, you die."

Damn it! I can't do anything! He hit the back of my neck! He paralyzed my spinal cord! I won't be able to move! DAMN YOU KABUTO!!!

Kabuto starts running at Naruto. 

"When you die, you lose everything, including dreams!"

"Just get out of the way! Run!" Tsunade yells. 

"Shut up!" I hiss. 

"I'll be fine. Don't you worry about me, Grandma."

Kabuto's kunai plunges between Naruto's fingers, spurting blood everywhere. 

Naruto catches Kabuto's fist in his outstretched hand. 

"Until I become Hokage..." Naruto's clone begins to form a Rasengan.

Kabuto struggles to get free, but Naruto grips his fist too tightly. 

"Now you can't run!"

"The same chakra motion-" Kabuto begins. 

"He used the same motion! The Rasenga-" Tsunade starts. 

"Compress the chakra....and retain it!! HAAAAAAA! RASENGAN!"

Naruto hits Kabuto Yakushi directly in the gut with the spinning Rasengan, sending him flying backwards. 

He mastered it! I don't believe it! Well, actually, yes I do believe it!