five

"Here you go," the girl who worked in the tiny cafe smiled and handed me my coffee. I thanked her and walked outside, placing my coffee and toast on one of the free tables. I decided to get something to eat as well, since I didn't have anything else to do. Just because I managed to lose my fucking ID. I paid a lot for that, and all for nothing. I might as well have thrown the money out the window.

I shook my head, trying to rid myself of the annoyance and anger as I took a sip of my coffee. Shit, hot, hot, hot! I winced as the liquid burned my tongue and put the the cup down. Can this day get any better?

"C'mon, I'm just a little bit too late, please let me in!" a girl said to the same guard that had denied me entrance to the concert. I could only barely hear her voice, but it was clear enough for me to understand what she was saying. A weird feeling spread through me, almost like a faint tingling, but I just ignored it. I was probably just getting a bit sick or something.

I could only see her back and her purple hair from where I was sitting, and the first thing I thought when I saw her was that Michael would love her, just simply because of her hair.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you in, the show has already started," the guard explained to her.

"Yeah, like, a minute ago! Do you know how long I've been waiting for this concert? Please, just let me in!" she begged him. I felt sorry for her, she clearly wanted to attend this concert way more than I did. I mean, I had barely even heard of the band, but she obviously had.

"I'm sorry, Miss, but I can't," he just said, discarding her pleas. She let out an annoyed groan before she turned around and stomped away like a little child who hadn't gotten the toy they wanted.

I looked at her for a second before I looked down at my food instead. I really didn't have any right to listen to her conversation, I had to stop letting curiosity get the best of me. I picked up the toast and took a bite as someone walked up next to me.

"Do you have a lighter?" I looked up and saw the same girl that had been arguing with the guard only seconds earlier standing in front of me with a cigarette between her fingers. She was looking at me with blue eyes and something inside of me... Changed. I couldn't quite point it out, but something changed. The only thing I knew in that moment was that she was stunning. I couldn't take my eyes of her as I tried to remember exactly what she had asked.

"Uhm, n-no, sorry," I said, cursing myself mentally for stuttering. Goddammit Ashton... She chuckled mildly and put her hand in her bag.

"Oh wait, I found my own," she smiled widely as she fished up the lighter and lit her cigarette. She put it between her lips and inhaled deeply before slowly letting the smoke escape her lips. Smoking had never been more attracting than in that moment. Actually, smoking had never been attractive, but seeing this stranger doing it just made me change my mind immediately.

"So, why are you sitting here all alone at this shitty, little cafe?" she asked me as she took the cigarette between her lips again.

"I lost my fake ID and couldn't get into the concert," I said without thinking. Fucking great, now you gave away the fact that you're not even legal yet! Way to go, Irwin!

"The Highly Suspect concert?" she asked, nodding towards the other side of the road.

"Yeah," I said. "How about you?" I asked. I knew exactly why she was here, I just didn't want to seem like a stalker.

"I came here for the concert too, but I was just, like, a minute too late and that asshole won't let me in anymore," she said, letting out an annoyed sigh. I looked over at the guard before I looked back at her.