JL 11

UNEDITED.... With lots of grammatical and spelling mistakes.
_______________________________________

Adian saw Emma being escorted out of the room by Ethan, and it became clear to him why she has declined his offer.

He couldn't believe his eyes that the reason she declined to go out with him was because she was going out with Ethan.

For the very first time because of a mere girl he felt a tinge of jealousy in his heart towards his best friend.

He took a deep breath, to clear his head, and followed them to the elevator.

He was standing right behind them and they were so busy talking to each other without even realising it, which fueled his anger even further.

They heard the ping of the elevator and it's doors opened. Ethan indicated Emma to enter first and then realised that Adian was behind. He he smiled at him and they both entered together.

Emma saw him and started fidgeting with her fingers, a sure sign that she is nervous. She didn't know why she was feeling guilty for selling the date today, its not as if they are are in a relationship or anything.

What Adian and Emma didn't realise was that their behavior was keenly observed by Ethan; Emma being nervous and Ethan huffing and puffing in anger.

Now it became clear to him why Emma was being reluctant to go out when he came to her.

They moved out of the elevator, Ethan turned to Adian and said "Hey man, why don't you come with us for the dinner. Don't give any work excuse, I know that you don't have anything to do today."

"It's alright you guys go. I don't want to spoil your plans" Adian gritted out, which amused Ethan to no end.

"You won't spoil anything, it's not like we are going on a date or something. Right Em." Ethan turned towards Emma saying that.

"No. yes. I... I.. I mean there is no problem." She stuttered a bit.

"Yeahhh right. Go and enjoy your dinner, I am tired and going home. Good night. Hope you enjoy your lovely dinner." He bit it out with so much anger that it made Emma feel even more guilty, even when there was no reason for being guilty.

Adian strode off to his car and drove of with screeching tyres.

She saw him drive off in such anger and her face fell. Ethan saw her look and couldn't control himself anymore and started laughing.

She turned to him. "What are you laughing at?" She asked sounding a bit angry.

"Nothing, just the look at your face" he said shaking his head at her, he slid his hand over her shoulder half hugging her.

"Why didn't you tell me that something was going on with you two." He queried trying to sound a bit disappointed with her.

She turned her head up to look at him with eyes wide open.

"Nothing is going on between us. Why are you even saying such a thing." She said defending herself in self righteous anger.

He raised his brow at her, annoying her further.

"Don't lie to me. Anyone just have to look at you two and feel the chemistry that you have. Now tell me the truth why was he in such a sour mood, and truth this time, please."

"Nothing is going on between us as you were saying. Its just that he asked me on a date tonight but I declined him as I already promised you that we will go for dinner tonight."

"You do know that, if you have told me that earlier, I wouldn't have forced you for this dinner tonight, we could have gone on some other day. Now tell me the real reason for using me as an excuse to avoid this date."

"I didn't use you as an excuse." She tried to decline in a pathetic attempt, but one look at him and she knew he won't budge until he get the truth from her.

She huffed out at him. "Okay.. I used this dinner as excuse, but what am I suppose to do with all the secrets, I am  hiding from him. I don't want to to build anything new on the foundation of lies."

"Tell me some thing honestly. Do you see a future with him."

"Yes" she replied timidly.

"Then there is nothing to be afraid of. You know you can tell him the truth, it wouldn't matter that much to him, if it came straight from you. But if he gets to know it from someone else than all hell will break loose."

"I know that and this is the thing that scares me the most. I can tell him that I am his childhood best friend but the other secret I am scared to tell him." She said with nervousness.

"Hey, don't worry that much, everything thing will turn out for the best. Now, no more talks about secret and stop sulking. Let's go and have your favorite food" he said trying to lift her mood.

She heaved out a sigh and moved towards his car.

Ethan dropped her at her place after dinner and she has also stopped sulking, by the end of the night she was smiling.

After dropping her he decided to go and have a look at Adian. He knew that Adian won't be ho e after such an episode. He turned his car toward their favorite pub and prepared himself for the worst.

He entered the pub and found Adian in a condition which he has already anticipated his best friend to be in.
Shaking his head and cursing his idiotic friend he walked towards him.
______________________________________

Thank you for reading... Hope you liked it.😀😀😀

Please
Vote
Comment
Share