Chapter 14~Prison Visit

It had been 4 months since Amelia had been discharged from hospital and she had recovered quicker than all the doctors thought she would. She was doing amazingly well and so was Carla.

"I'm going to go Nick" Carla stated as she walked out of the bedroom, cradling Amelia in her arms.
"Go where" Nick asked.
"Im going to see Rob and I'm taking Amelia with me" She said as she sat down on one of the breakfast stools.
"Why the change of heart?" He asked confused.
"She's as much of his niece than she is Aidan and Kate's, its only fair Nick"
"But after what he did to you about that Johnny stuff"
"Im doing it for Amelia, not him" Carla stated as she undid Amelia's body grow and changed her nappy as her little legs kicked in the air.

"I didn't think you would come sis" Rob smirked as Carla walked towards him from the entrance. Rob's face instantly dropped as his eyes travelled from Carla to the baby carrier that she was carrying.
"Is she yours?" He stuttered.
"Well I didn't just pick her up off the street and think oh yeah she would make a great sidekick" Carla snapped.
"Ahh the Carla sarcasm, hope for the best she wont inherit that trait" laughed Rob.
"Hilarious" she mocked.

"Amelia, this is your uncle Rob" Carla whispered as she lifted her out of the carrier and carefully passed her over the table to Rob.
"Well i would never thought i would see the day" he smirked as he cradled Amelia.
"Did you even know i was with Nick?" Carla questioned.
"Nope" he replied.

"So why did you come?" Asked Rob, smug.
"Even though i might not be your biggest fan after what you did, you are unfortunately still Amelia's uncle" she sighed.
"So how is good old Johnny Connor? Or is it dad to you?" He laughed.
"It's Johnny thanks. But yeah he's good, he's been amazing with Amelia"
"Aw how sweet"
"Tell me about it"
Suddenly the bell rang, signalling for the visitors to start to make a move.
"I guess this is goodbye" Rob whispered as he kissed Amelia on the forehead and passed her back over the table to Carla.
"I will come again Rob" Carla sighed as she placed Amelia back into the carrier.
"Thanks Carla it means alot" he said smiling.
"See you later then" he added.
"Not if i see you first" Carla said smiling, as she walked off quickly towards the exit.

"How are my two favourite ladies?" Nick beamed as he entered the flat.
"We're good" Carla replied.
"I've brought some chocolate berry torte from the Bistro, thought you might like it" He said as he placed it down on the kitchen counter.
"How was it?" He then asked.
"It was okay" She replied, as she lifted up Amelia and popped her onto the play mat that Kate had bought for.
"But the one thing that I couldn't get my head round was that he was so good with Amelia, so gentle, caring but yet he's in there for murder, he's in there because he took the life of a twenty something year old girl", Carla said as tears started to fall down her cheeks.
"Hey, hey, hey" Nick whispered as he walked over to where Carla was sitting and held her firmly, supporting her head with his strong but gentle hand.
"To be honest I'm not really the best in knowing what to say in these types of situations" Nick muttered.
"You don't need to say anything Nick, just stay like this for a while please" Carla mumbled.

A/N - So i hoped you liked this chapter, i'm not too sure on what the next chapter is going to be about/on so if you have any requests or suggestions, please leave a comment and please vote! Thank you for reading! Xx