CHAPTER 1- HOW IT ALL BEGAN

THIS IS JUST THE INTRO . IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE BORING BUT THE OTHER CHAPTERS WILL BE GOOD.  

--------------------------- 

Kristin Emily Banks. That was my American name when I moved down to Washington ten years ago. My real name was Sophie Louise Aguilera and I was born to a rich family in Barcelona, Spain but when I was sixteen, my grandmother was very sick in the States and my brother and I was sent to live with her and to take care of her.  

My brother, Marcus and I both went to school in DC and we both got accepted into great colleges. He dropped out early to join the US army and I perused law. We both had wanted to serve the country in different ways and we both did. He was currently in Afghanistan fighting for the lives of the Afghanistan people which was really brave because I personally couldn't be in the army it was to much blood. So I picked a normal job working for the CIA. I started 8 years ago training to protect the president of the United States. At first it was alot of hard work and pain but I got through it and eventually qualified top of my class as a potential and strong agent.  

People always wondered if I came from a rich family why would Marcus and I wanna work? But our grandmother thought us to never depend on anyone for money or material things only love. Yes of course my parents still sent a large amount of money every month ,way more than my salary but I loved my job and wouldn't quit. Honestly my brother and I had no need to be in America anymore , our grandmother had died five years ago from brain cancer but neither of us wanted to leave her memories behind. She was an amazing woman who left Spain thirty years ago to be with the man she love who wasnt my grandfather. She always said "No one chooses who they fall in love with but rather who they become with that person."  

Sadly he had died eight years after she moved here and she refused to leave his memories behind and return to Spain.  

Here I was now the head of the CIA because hard work and over time job hours proving my strengths to this agency and the president. I hadn't expected to be in charge so quickly but I guess it was faith.  

Everyone here respected me including the President. They all said if anyone could lead this country into something great it would be me. But honestly all I did was work hard and it paid off until that faithful day.  

----------------------------------------- 

"Excuse me Miss, Are you Kristin Banks?" A loud booming voice asked.  

"It depends on whose asking" I muttered still going through the President's schedule for the day.  

"I'm Conmander Hermem Briggs, I have some sad news about your brother, Miss" he said getting my attention. My brother? News? I looked up to see a middle aged man in a Commander's Uniform with the American flag on it.  

"Commander Briggs, you may continue" I requested giving him full permission to proceed. Being the Head of the CIA gave me alot of rank so people had to speak to me as if I was the President himself. I stood up from my huge brown cotton chair and looked directly into his eyes.  

"Ms.Banks, I'm sorry to inform you that last night there was an attack at our home base in Afghanistan. Your brother Marcus,was chief of command and was carrying out orders trying to fight back the intruders. In the process he got shot in his temple and immediately died" the Commander explained mournfully.  

I raised my eyes and stared blankly into his eyes. Dead? My brother is dead? What the fu-  

"Ms. Banks" the Commander said interrupting my thoughts.  

"Whatever arrangement you want to make with the body please let us know. Your brother was very highly favoured and loved in the army by us all. We are truly sorry for your loss, its also a loss to us" the Commander said through tear filled eyes. I could see he was being sincere. A runaway tear escaped my eye and ran down my cheek. I quickly swiped my finger through it to stop it from continuing down my face.  

"Does my family in Spain know about the death?" I questioned.  

"No Miss, I imagined you would like to inform them seeing that you haven't been to Spain in almost eleven years" he quietly informed me.  

"Can you transfer Marcus' body to Spain please. We would have the funeral there where our family is" I stated wiping my entire face from all the runaway tears.  

"Yes Miss" he said before excusing himself and leaving. 

I must have sat there for hours just staring out the window of my huge office crying. A sudden knock came from my office door and I looked up to see blue eyes staring down at my broken weak figure.  

"Oh, Kristin. I heard" a soft male voice whispered.  

"Sir, I spoke to him yesterday he was fine" I mumbled through sobs.  

"I know I know " he repeated while lifting me up into his warm arms hugging me closely.  

"I'm sending you home. Back to Spain" he said reassuringly like if I wanted to go back there to see my family blame me for making my brother join the army.  

"Mr.President. I can do my job, I'm fine" I reassured him.  

"Kristin, I know you can do your job no doubt about it. But this is not something you can sleep off or forget by tomorrow. Marcus was your bestfriend and brother. You need to recover but with your family. You need to face them.Its been ten years Kris" he murmured in my ear still hugging me.  

All that just made me cry even more.  

"Kris take a few days ,maybe some months. But as of now I am relieving you of this position, Ryan Wade will take over as Head of the CIA. Go home make peace with your parents before its to late, you already lost your grandmother a few years ago" he pushed the topic.  

"Okay" was all I said. I had no energy left to fight right now. The President had been a father figure in my life for the past five years. He knew everything about me and I knew the same about him.  

---------------------- 

So that's what I did. I packed my stuff and I left. Never looking back on America again. The President said if I ever needed a job just to call him and he could find me one in Spain willingly. But all I wanted to do was crawl into my bed and never wake back up again.