PROLOGUE: THE FUNERAL

Life was too short, wasn't it? One minute you were there, laughing with your friends, joking around and playing games. The other - six feet under the stars, being buried from your friends and family.

In a beautiful day in November, a group of people had gathered at the graveyard. They were there to celebrate the life of an actor. A very memorable young man.

The man himself was too young to die. He was only thirty years old. He could have had a family, a successful career. But somebody hadn't let him. Who? We were about to find out.

The dead one had written in his very last letter that he wished he was buried in LA. That was where he had had so many memories. That was where his first love had been born and had lived. Kristen Stewart.

Ah, the beautiful young Kristen! Recently she had turned twenty-six and a half years old. Less than four years 'till her Roaring Thirties. But who counted the halves or the quarters of their age? Like the little kids. Trying to be older than they actually were, not realizing that age was making their lives worse and worse.

Annie Clarke, one of her closest friends, was holding her tightly. The dead one'a first love was feeling as if she was going to shatter any moment. For her, to lose the man you've loved first apparently was worse than the loss of your pet. Even when one of her puppies had been killed by a drunk driver, she hadn't cried that hard.

Choking on her tears, Kristen was glad she hadn't applied any makeup to her face. If she had, it would have been smeared from her sobs. She hadn't stopped. The smile on her face had vanished the moment she had heard about his death. That night she hadn't slept. She wasn't sure was she even going to sleep normally knowing that the man she had once loved more than her own life was not going to call her anytime soon. That they wouldn't chat at the park or catch up. They were planning to audition together for a movie. It was never going to happen again.

The guests, all dressed in black to express their sorrow for the loss of the youngest child of the Pattinson's, couldn't hold their tears either. Like Ms. Stewart, most of the guests had chosen sunglasses to avoid their red and puffy eyes to be seen. But the people who couldn't believe their son was gone, they were in some sort of trance. The mother hadn't peeled a word since she had heard the news. The father was too weak and the responsibility had fallen on the shoulders of the two elder sisters - Elizabeth and Victoria.

"Kristen," Annie whispered in the actress' ear. "Kris, it's okay. It's going to be okay."

Kristen rested her head on her friend's shoulder, her cries growing less. It was not going to be okay. But she had to get a hold of her life and go on. If Robert was alive, he certainly wouldn't like seeing her moping around. She had to go on for him.