PART 6

The New Year had began. And with that, the Sundance Festival had come too. The chance Kristen had been looking forward to - to showcase her true talent. She had been waiting for this chance, ever since she had written her very first movie during her adolescence.

She could feel that the audience would love the short movie she had written and directed all by herself. It was about heartbreak. People could relate to that.

The movie itself was based on Kristen's memories and feelings. The day Robert had broken her heart forever had been the day she had started writing the script. Countless nights spent in writing and headaches. Coffee was not a cure.

But after the festival, instead of celebrating with her family and friends, Kristen had found herself in the gym - the same one she had met Everett in. And for no surprise, he was there. She tried to remember a time where he wasn't there when she was. Like a gift send from God. Just when she needed him, he would always be there. Unlike Robert.

His job was to stay.

But he didn't fulfill it.

Snap out of it, Kristen shook her head sharply, forgetting about the existence of the human race. Her eyes quickly readjusted to the surroundings focusing only on Everett and his anxious face. She hadn't realized how close he was next to her. He had grasped her arms, worried about her. That was when she realized her breathing was uneven. The memories of Robert had made her go in shock again. Memories of hugs and kisses, tenderness and sweetness; a friendship, inseparability . . . It was all gone now. Just like him.

"Hey, hey, are you okay?", Everett sounded so worried, almost protective-like. She liked that.

On the radio was playing an older country song from Kristen's adolescence. But she hadn't heard it until now.

And you might think its easy being me - you just stand still, look pretty.

The lyrics suddenly felt so relatable to the actress. Everybody thought she had it easy. But it took more than standing still, looking pretty on the red carpet in those designer clothes and heavy makeup. Writing scripts, practicing lines, mailing studios for her future projects required more than just looking fine. She had to be tough to succeed in her job. Nobody liked weak people. Tough cookies were what Hollywood wanted.

"I'm. Not. Just. A. Pretty. Face," Kristen muttered through her teeth, putting accents on every single word.

Everett looked at her, confused. "What . . . ?"

"The song," she said, looking around.

When Kristen realized that some people were staring at her and Everett, she indicated him to go somewhere else. They sat down in the park across the gym. No paparazzi could interrupt what she had to tell him. If she wanted to continue her relationships with him, she had to tell him what was on her mind.

"Everett. There's something I need to tell you. Come to my house this afternoon," she said, scribbling her phone number on his palm with the first pen she had found. Another disadvantage of being famous - having to carry pens and markers everywhere. Everyone could ask her to sign t-shifts or napkins.

"Okay," he nodded and they stayed on the bench a little more before heading back to the gym for their workout routines.