Chapter 1: Meeting The New Chefs

It was a beautiful sunny morning

It was a beautiful sunny morning. The little birds chirping outside of the window. Apryl's golden brown eyes fluttered open as she awakens. She sits up, stretches out her arms, and gets out of her bed. She was dressed in a long, light pink nightgown with fancy white lace on the bottom and top of it. After getting dressed, she stepped out of her big, pink princessy room to go downstairs.

Apryl Azalea Tremaine lives in a huge, fancy mansion, along with her parents and maid. They have a big yard and they even own a separate house which is a cute, small Korean restaurant/cafe named "Tremaine Restaurant" that is only a 5-second walk from their mansion. As it's probably obvious, Apryl and her parents are a very rich American family. Her parents are the typical rich snobs who throw posh, sophisticated parties at their mansion quite often at night. Even though Apryl is allowed, she doesn't usually attend the parties. She finds them very boring, so she just stays in her room until the party is over. Apryl is a bright, spunky, enthusiastic, and very friendly 18-year-old. She looks and behaves a little younger than her age. She has golden brown eyes and slightly wavy chocolate colored brown hair. She's pretty confident and outgoing, but she's not a total snob like her parents.

As Apryl goes downstairs, she walks into the kitchen and is greeted a 'Good morning' by their maid as she serves Apryl breakfast. A plate full of fluffy buttermilk pancakes topped with whipped cream and sliced strawberries, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns, croissants, and a side of lemon yogurt and orange juice. A big fancy breakfast is always prepared perfectly on time every single morning for Apryl and her parents. Apryl sits at the dining table with her parents as they all eat breakfast together.

"Oh I'm going to be late! I'm leaving now. I'll be back tonight!" Apryl's father says as he gets up from his chair after eating breakfast. He quickly kisses his wife and says goodbye to Apryl and their maid.

Apryl's father, Mr. Tremaine, works at a big high-class company until late at night, so she never really sees her father that much.

At noon, Apryl and her mother are looking around the Korean restaurant that they own, making sure all the details and everything was perfect. The restaurant is very clean and nicely brightened up from all the windows. The place is not too big or too small. There were no other people there except Apryl and her mother.

"Mom, when are we gonna start working here?" Apryl asks in curiousity.

"Silly Apryl, we are not going to work here. I'm going to hire some employees tomorrow. Since we just newly put up this restaurant, I'm going to make sure this place has the best chefs who make the best food for our customers." Apryl nods.

"And, our restaurant is not going to have any waiters. Only chefs. The customers will go up to the front counter, type in the order that they want using the computer system, and then they sit at a table until the bell is ringed & their name is called & they pick up their food at the counter and sit back down at their table. It will be all nice and easy with the fancy computer system!"

"Mom, I think you're getting a bit too excited." Apryl slightly teases. Her mother grins.

The next day at noon, Apryl was watching TV in the living room when her mother called her name, "Apryl! Come here, I want to introduce you to our new chefs!" Apryl was so excited to meet the new employees. She immediately hopped off the couch and walked over to their restaurant. She saw her mother standing there, and then 3 other people standing in a row. An older man, a lady, and a boy who was about her age. The boy immediately caught her attention. She suddenly felt a little nervous. She felt like her eyes twinkled and sparkled when she looked at him. But she tried not to stare at him too much.

"Apryl, these are our new chefs. Chul Gi is 54 years old and he's half Korean and half Japanese and loves cooking and is dedicated to what he does. Nari Hye is 40 years old and she's Korean and she's very nice and loves to help out. And Jae Ji Isak Yeong is our youngest chef..He's 19 years old and he's Korean and a very hard-working talented chef. He's very quiet and shy though." Mrs. Tremaine said. "And chefs, this is my daughter, Apryl." She added.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" The 3 chefs said while bowing.

"Hi! Nice to meet you all!" Apryl said with a smile, before moving closer to her mom and whispering to her, "Mom, they know English, right?" Her mom laughs.

"Of course they know English, you silly girl! They will be working here first thing tomorrow morning. Since working hours start pretty early in the morning, Chul Gi, Nari Hye, and Jae Ji, the 3 of you will just be sleeping every night in your own separate bedrooms here in the restaurant. Nari Hye and Chul Gi's rooms are beside each other on the main floor, but Jae Ji's room is upstairs in the loft. His bed is in front of a window and his bed frame is lower than Nari Hye's and Chul Gi's, but you all will have nice, cozy rooms to sleep in. Chul Gi, Nari Hye, Jae Ji, I hope you all will enjoy working at our restaurant." Mrs. Tremaine said. The 3 chefs nod.

"Apryl, you can go ahead and leave if you want. I'm just going to show them around and explain some more things to them so they'll be prepared to start working tomorrow." Mrs. Tremaine said, before walking away and showing the 3 chefs around the restaurant.

As Apryl's mother started walking away and the new chefs started to follow her, before the boy turned around, his and Apryl's eyes met for a couple seconds. 

"Oh my gosh, he's so cute!" Apryl thought to herself. She stood there a little longer just to watch as her mother showed them around the restaurant, Apryl's eyes only set on the new chef, Jae Ji.

To Be Continued...