Me? You? Wanna go out? With me?

Annabeth was eating lunch smack in the middle of the cafeteria. It was an experiment she wanted to try. Boy would she regret it later. But at the moment she was sitting right in the middle of the table that was the relative center point of the cafeteria.

Her hypothesis was proved. Nobody came within a foot of her table. Even the popular kids who always sat where she was now, moved to what was usually her table without a second glance. None of them even looked in her direction. None of them even looked like this was something out of the usual, sitting in the back of the cafeteria.

She had her notebook open in front of her. 'Invisibility test number five' was written in clear, large, cursive letters.

As she chewed on her food she wrote with one had and held her sandwich in the other.

'The hypothesis has been approved. None of the kids noticed anything unusual or at least didn't show any signs of feeling anything unusual. They moved as a whole to my normal table and have continued their usual lunch behavioral pattern. Try to sit near both edges of the table with diffrent varieties in the time. Create a random formula and test it to observe any change in the results'

She was about to stand up and go form the pattern to be followed over several weeks to complete experiment number five when something she had not calculated for happened.

Piper McLean walked in through the lunch room's doors scanning the tables. Annabeth suddenly froze in her place and picked up her pencil again. She'd record this and add it to the research.

This girl had always seemed to notice something odd around her. She apologized when Annabeth purposely bumped into her while most would barely notice they had almost walked over someone. But even so Piper usually didn't look like she knew who or even what she was apologizing to since she had never looked at Annabeth.

She had her pencil ready to write and her eyes in the direction of Piper although not boring into her.

Piper was looking into the back of the cafeteria. Annabeth assumed she was looking for her friends. But Piper looked right over them as if something was missing.

Finally her eyes drifted towards the center table and actually came into contact with Annabeth who subtly averted the girls gaze. She began scribbling madly.

'The girl has looked at me. She had been searching through the back of the cafeteria as if looking for something that seemed to be moved out of place. Her eyes found me.'

She corrected her last sentence. That sounded like a cheesy romance book she snorted to herself.

'She looked over in my direction and presented signs to have found what she was looking for'

Annabeth lifted her gaze to try to spot Piper again only to realize the girl was half of the way to the table she was sitting in.

Annabeth shut her notebook in a panic. Piper didn't seem to notice. She was looking right at Annabeth and walking towards her. Annabeth was starting to get really confused.

In seconds Piper was in front of her table looking down at her, her open hands resting on the table.

People had started to look over from their conversations because they had noticed Piper. Then they noticed Annabeth.

Most of them squinted in a vague attempt to try and remember who was that girl that McLean was suddenly talking to. The others looked distracted as they stared at Annabeth with expressions that said "Where have I seen you before?"

Piper lifted her hand and held it under Annabeth's chin. And that's when people really started trying to figure out if they had ever seen that girl before because if Piper McLean was touching her she had to be important.