part 27

Fawn's pov

He's here. He's actually here.
"God I missed you." I mumble to him."I sure as hell missed ya too." He says with a hint of his smile showing.

Pulling myself out of the zoned out admiration, I give him one last kiss before heading off to the fence, to help kill some of the built up walkers.

Glenn is already stabbing away at the rotten corpses. I pick up one of our make shift weapons and start picking off the easiest walkers out of the bunch.

The scorching Georgia heat is bad enough on its own, but along with it comes the stench of death. " here, drink up, you've been out here for awhile."carol says handing a bottle of water to the both of us. "Thank you." I manage to say before gulping down the water.

-

"Don't you ever leave me like that again." I whisper into the night. He sighs, pulling me closer to him in our bed."I'll try not to" he mumbles into my ear. I nod slightly.

"Do you think we would've met each other of the world hadn't come to an end?" He shakes his head. "Probably not. If we did, do ya think you an me would have ended up like this?" He asks.

"I don't know.. I wish we had met like that. It'd have been so nice to start a family and grow old with you." A yawn escapes me. " you never said anything bout wantin that before." He points out,his breathing becoming slower and sleepier.

"Well, I don't think I want that in this world. The old world is where I would have wanted it. But I don't know that we could ever have the safety of that again. I don't want to bring children into this world,not yet, not until I know we'll be okay for a long time."

"I understand. Just know, I love ya, and nothing else matters." He mumbles finally drifting off.