SIX

"Although their time together was short, Adelaide and Philip became friends. They would meet up at the clearing every day for a week. But just like everything ended at some point, their time together did, too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When did you say you would come back?"

"I am not sure when exactly. There are some things I need to take care off back home."

"But you will come back, right?" I asked him. We were at the clearing again, lying on the grass while staring at the clouds.

"Of course." He looked at me for a moment before averting his gaze.

I stared into the sky that was slowly starting to darken because of the gray clouds.

"Tell me something."

"What do you want to know?" he asked me.

I shrugged with my shoulders. "Tell me something I don't know yet."

He seemed to think about it for a while, his eyes staring at the clouds, but I could tell that he was in deep thoughts. "Have you heard about the Magors before?"

I shook my head, the name not sounding familiar. "Who are they?"

"They are a human like you and me, but unlike us they were born with magic."

I let out a laugh. "But magic doesn't exist! I don't want to hear another fairy tale, I want you to tell me something about the real world," I told him, slightly amused.

"Who said that it was a fairy tale?" He looked at me with raised brows.

I looked back at him, trying to figure out if he was making fun of me. "Oh, stop it," I said as I lightly punched him in the shoulders.

"What?" he asked with a laugh. "I am not joking these Magors actually exist."

"Oh, really? Have you ever met one before?" I stared at him with raised eyebrows.

"No, but..."

"Then how would you know that they actually existed?"

"My father, he told me about them," he defended himself.

I looked at him for a moment. "Alright, tell me about them then. You said they are born with magic, what else do you know about them?"

"Not much, many are afraid of them because they don't know them. They are said to be very powerful and dangerous."

"Do you know any stories about them?"

"I heard a story once about a king who had two sons. The oldest one, who was supposed to take over the throne turned out to be a Magor. The man never found out about his son's powers, he died before his son could tell him about it. The younger brother, however, knew about his brother. He was afraid of him and his powers. He plotted to overthrow his brother and become the king himself."

"Did he succeed?"

"Yes," Philip answered. "He told everyone about his brother's power. The people became afraid of him and didn't want him to be their king anymore."

"But that's silly, just because he was a Magor doesn't mean that he was a bad person!"

"Well, people are always afraid of things that are foreign to them," he said.

"How does the story end?" I asked him curiously.

"The prince was banned from the kingdom. His brother got what he wanted and became the new king."