Platinum Wings Academy: Lovers, Likers, Haters. The Full Package

It was Saturday night and time for the dance. Analeigh and I were almost ready.
"I can't believe how beautiful your dress is!" Ana said with a big smile.
"Thank you!"
"I wish I went shopping with you. My mom drug me around like the entire New York City just to find my dress."
"Sounds annoying if you ask me." We both laughed.
"Were going to be late!" Ana said grabbing her bag."Let's go slow poke!"
"Hey im not a slow poke!" I said following her out the door.
When we got to the gymnasium we both walked in. There were red, pink, and white decorations everywhere. Everything was so sparkly.
"I'm going to find Danny." Ana said walking off. I went to the snack table and looked around for Cooper. I didn't see him anywhere.
"Hey babe." A voice said behind me. It was Cooper.
"So I'm babe now?" I teased.
"Would you rather be boo bear?"
"Nope babe is totally fine." We both laughed.
"So should we dance?" Cooper asked.
"Sure." We walked onto the dance floor and Cooper took my hands. He twirled me around and just did you ever day casual slow dance routine.
"So..." Cooper started,"Did you hear about JENT tryouts?"
"Well I've heard of JENT, but what do you mean tryouts?"
"I don't know I just heard that JENT tryouts were coming soon and Mr.Galaway should be talking to all the riding teams here about it." JENT was pretty much every riders dream team. It involved live TV competitions, magazine photoshoots and stories, even lots of traveling.
A few dances later Mrs.Fatain walked up to the microphone and started to speak.
"It is now time for the dance to come to an end, but of course before it ends we have to crown our King and Queen." Mrs.Fatain smiled. King and Queen? I didn't even know about any of that. No one seemed to from the way it looked. Clearly that's why the teachers were walking around with clipboards.
"Okay everyone your Sweethearts king is...Kody Wells!" Lots of girls cheered. Kody seemed to be really popular now all the girls were constantly all over him, "Now everyone your Sweethearts Queen is...Emma Eaststone!" My face turned red. I felt embarrassed to have my name called. Especially that Cooper was watching be someone's queen. Even though I wasn't really. I took my Tiara and then everyone started to leave.
"Looks like your a queen now." Cooper said kissing my cheek. "I have to go, but I'll text you later okay babe." Cooper smiled and walked out. I was alone
"Hey." Someone said behind me. It was Kody. "We haven't talked in awhile."
"Well I hate to say it but were in different crouds. Your with those people and I'm with mine." I gave a half smile.
"True, but maybe things will change. See ya around Em." Kody said walking out as he gave me a wink.
I sat down on my bed in my PJs. Ana twirled around in her desk chair.
"Ana I have a problem."
"What do you mean?" Ana asked.
"Okay first I swear if I keep hearing what do you mean im going to never ever forget that song." We both laughed. "And second I swear to god Kody likes me."
"Kody? As in popular Kody? Of course he does!"
"Wait a second what?"
"I heard Kody talking to his friend Tucker and kind of overheard him saying he wanted to date you, but your with Cooper so he couldn't." Ana explained.
"Well um...let's just go to bed okay." I laid down and pulled the covers over me.
The next morning I got dressed for my riding lesson. Man I hated Mondays. I put on my brown breeches, white tank top, brown boots, and my Green quilted jacket. Then I headed toward the stable. At the stable I quickly put Picasso on the crossties. Then I walked to the tack room when I heard Ava's voice. I stopped before the enterance of the tackroom.
"Dad please! I honestly don't know why you would try to do this to me. Its not my fault you hate her family and you shouldn't try to take me out of Platinum Wings because of that!" Ava was on the phone with her dad in what sounded like a mouth weapon battle. "Whatever dad!" Ava hung up. I finally walked into the tack room. Ava had tears in her eyes and she was a mess.
"Normally you wouldn't hear this from me, but are you okay?" I asked.
"Why would you care. You hate me."
"Okay just to get this straight Ava I don't hate you, but the only reason we do not talk anymore is because you got mad when I started to hang with Heather and then I find out you like my boyfriend."
"Who told you that? I...I..."
"Ava I know things are complicated but-" Ava cut me off.
"I don't like Cooper! I like Kody!" Ava quickly said.
"Y-you do?"
"Yes." Ava slowly nodded. "Anyways I won't have a chance if my dad takes me out of Platinum Wings I will never get to date him."
"Why would your dad take you out of Platinum Wings?"
"Because he...he...he hates heathers family and..."
"And who's?"
"And yours." Ava finished.
"Oh. I don't understand."
"Its not a big deal. Shouldn't we just focus on riding for now. I shouldn't even be talking to you. Were not friends remember." Ava grabbed her tack and left the room.
"Ava's dad hates my family? That makes no sense." I walked out of the tack room and back to Picasso. This mess with Ava was a terrible way to start the week.