nine

T Y P E - chapter nine

539,062 likes • liked by travisscott, natashaclotaire, neymarjrmarcinho11: My baby 😍comments: off

marcinho11: My baby 😍
comments: off

"This isn't like you, Tasha."

"Amelia, I'm sorry."

"You've known Marco for what, a few months now?! And suddenly you're moving in with him and quitting your job and ditching my birthday party for a trip to fucking Ibiza or whatever, all to celebrate the birthday of a woman who couldn't hate you more?"

Santorini, Natasha immediately wanted to correct. She realized it was the wrong time for such a comment. On the morning of October 29th, Amelia Huff was far from pleased. Her birthday, including the massive Halloween party she'd been planning at Cocaine for months, was in two days—and Natasha Clotaire, her very best friend and favorite person, wouldn't be in attendance. As if matters couldn't get worse, half of her things at the apartment had already been packed up without prior notice by the moving company hired by Marco; her two weeks' notice was now one week old, but by the time she came back from Greece, she would no longer be a bartender at Cocaine. All of this she'd told Amelia for the first time just five minutes ago—and, as was aforementioned, the German was anything but pleased with her African counterpart.

"You think that just because you're dating a fucking millionaire, you can act as though you are one?" Amelia snickered, cynically. "How many times do I have to tell you that Marco Reus is a fucking asshole, Natasha? Maybe you don't understand the rumors, because you aren't from here—"

"Or maybe I don't understand them because they aren't true," scoffed Natasha, finally finding her footing as she spoke aloud. She'd been hearing more and more things about her boyfriend, most of which weren't quite pleasing. Recently, she read on some tabloid website that Marco met Scarlett when she was 18, and he 22—she hadn't even graduated secondary school. Then, she learned from a work colleague the rumor that was never publicly addressed; a rumor that he lured her into cheating on her high school sweetheart for him, only to end up getting her pregnant. Different colleagues at the lab had heard different explanations for the situation, none of them pleasant—but all Natasha knew was that Marco Reus was not currently a father, and although he was already 31, something that made Natasha's heart pound, he didn't seem in any hurry to be. So what happened to the supposed baby? And how could she compete with 9 entire years of history between Marco and his ex?

"I'm sorry about missing your birthday party, Amelia, but I'm not sorry about my relationship. I promise I'll make it up to you if you let me, okay? But for you to try to convince me that my relationship is wrong just because you're jeal—" Tasha scoffed once more, gazed at the watch Marco gifted her two days ago, and shook her head. "Nevermind. I don't have time for this discussion," she finally muttered, quickly storming past Amelia. "I just came to get my fucking headscarf."