Chapter 1

*Chapter 1*

“Alaine Jones come on you have to get up.” I heard a sweet little voice say.

I groaned. “Why so early Mom?” I heard her laugh.

“Sweetie I am not your mother.” The lady said.

I opened my eyes. Pink! Everywhere! The bed I was in had a canopy over top of it and pink satin sheets. Pink wall’s and carpet.  There were 5 other beds in this room. The pink bedroom was about the size of a football field. I saw 5 other girls around my age getting dressed. What they were putting on added to my disgust of this place, where ever I was.

“Um… where exactly am I?” I asked her.

“What do you mean silly?” One of the girls asked me. She was somewhat short but really skinny. Her hair was brown and curly. She had big brown eyes

“I mean where am I?” I asked again.

The girl with brown hair laughed. “You’re at the Princess Academy. Silly. Everybody here is in the running for the princess of Pearl Island.” She said.

“I don’t know how I got here? What am I doing here?” I replied.

“Oh sorry I feel really bad. My name is Harper Brewer. My father sent me here from England.” The smallest girl with blonde hair said as she reached for my hand. I shook it. How on earth could I have ended up in this place. I hated the idea of princesses. My sister must have set this up. “This is Jayne, Jenny, Zabrina, and Raine.” She said pointing to the other girls in the room.

I looked at them. Jayne had red wavy hair. Jenny had brown kinda straight hair. Zabrina Had black hair curly hair. Raine had blonde hair. They all looked somewhat like Hollywood stars and had just stepped of the red carpet. They all wore princess like dresses.

“Oh well nice to meet you. My name is Alaine Jones. I guess my sister sent me here from North Carolina. May I ask where are we?” I said.

 Harper seemed to have just woken up so she wasn’t dressed yet. Jayne was wearing a light green short dress, with a gold strap on one side and an emerald around her neck. Jenny had on a longer dress that looked like ripples of water going down her, it was water blue. Zabrina had a light pink dress on and a light blue right around her waist. Raine’s was the prettiest in my opinion. Hers was light blue with gold stitching around the bottom, something you would see at a ball, and gold sequins around her chest. The dress came just past her knees.

This time Zabrina spoke up. “Well I think we are in some sort of island but they never told us and they took our phones so no one knows where we are. Someone just took me off the streets of Australia. My mom died when I was young and my dad took off.” She finished.

“ Yea I was on my way home from school in California and my mom said sweetie you’re going to a different school. Next thing I know I wake up here.” Jayne recalled.

The next thing I know we are all sharing our stories about how we ended up here. From the info I have gathered Jayne and I are the only girls from the USA. Which really surprises me. Jenny is from Brazil. Raine is from Switzerland. Harper is from England and Zabrina is from Australia. We all don’t remember getting here. The only thing that I don’t really have in common with them I HATE getting all dressed up. Give me a t-shirt and jeans and I will never complain. These girls all seemed to care all about how they looked. Uggggg. How long am I going to be stuck here?

“Come on Alaine we get to meet the queen today. You need to do something with you hair.” Zabrina said yanking me over to the huge mirror with 6 chairs in front of it. My sister would have loved this place. Me on the other hand not so much.

“I go get you a dress.” Said Raine going to one of the door’s with my name on it.

When Zabrina was done with my hair she passed me onto Jenny who dolled me up with make-up. Gross. I hated make-up so much this was the first time I had put it on in 7 years. When I was about 9 or 10 Christy made me put it on so she would drive me to soccer practice. Then Raine brought a electric blue, simple, knee length dress with gold ribbon around the waist. Simple enough. My hair was done up kinda like Cinderella’s when she was going to the ball. That bun with two curls on each side of my head.  With mascara to make my already long eye lashes longer and my brown eyes were popping out with the eyeliner that she had used. I did have to admit they were good at this.

I turned around and they were all ready. I guess Harper saw the surprise on my face.

“Don’t worry you’ll get it down. It take time trust me.” She giggled while she said it.

We all walked down to the dining room. To tell you the truth I have no idea how we got here and if I were to try to get back I probably would get lost.

 A maid dressed in a white dress and black apron and a tiny white hat on the top of her head, opens the door. There is huge chandelier in the middle of the gigantic wooden table. On the table was piles of food. As my eyes were drifting over all the food they stopped at the pizza. While I was staring at the pizza I saw a pair of the prettiest blue eyes I had ever seen.